Best Comps for 200$- Kappas, Alpine SPF-17's, S600s Hex, or....?

oneill584
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I know its been answered thousands of times.... But after so much research I still have not decided on a front runner.

I am looking to spend a max of about 230$.....

I am powering them with a Blaukpunkt amp which pushes 75 watts. So I do not want to have any shot of clipping or blowing out these speakers. I've allready purchased a cheaper pair of pioneers which sounded great, but they couldn't handle the amp and it just wasn't loud enough unless I turned the gain up. So I blew them out. Then I decided to go cheap and buy a shitty pair of hifonics.... What a mistake that was. They can handle the power, but they sound worse than anything I've ever heard before.

So here I am. I do not want to blow these speakers out, or have to buy another pair. I am looking to get loud at times, but I also want to maintain sound clarity. I listen to everything from Rock, to Rap, to club music with lots of bass. So the speakers need to be able to hit the highs, as well as the lows.

So far I'm looking at:

Infinity Kappa 60.9cs. I am liking these because of the price, and the good name of Infinity tweeters.

Alpine SPR-17. Once again, the price is good, and I know type R's have a generally good name. Also the power handleage is good as well.

Diamond Audio S600s Hex. I really do not know a lot about these speakers, but I learned about them through CA.com. The power looks great, but the price is a little steeper. However, I wont mind paying this price if the quality is that much better.

Any other models I should be considering? I heard I should stay away from Polks....

Thanks guys.

U won't be dissapointed in the diamond audio hex s600s. I had them in my integra running off an xtant amp and they sounded great, good midbass and awesome clear highs. U can get them at onlinecarstereo.com for $199. Also look into getting the hertz hsk 165. Datboiroy os hooking me up with a set for $229.

U won't be dissapointed in the diamond audio hex s600s. I had them in my integra running off an xtant amp and they sounded great, good midbass and awesome clear highs. U can get them at onlinecarstereo.com for $199. Also look into getting the hertz hsk 165. Datboiroy os hooking me up with a set for $229. The morel tempo 6 is also an option at $265 a set. People on here rav about those speakers.

I would highly recommend the new Audioque component sets. They are within your price range, and are a very high quality, German made component set. I'm running mine on a 75 watt per channel US Amp, and they take it like a champ. The tweeter in the AQ set is amazing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.