DLS Irridiums Tweeter Cutting Out

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justintoxicated
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have been having some issues with my DLS irridiums.  If I turn the system up loud enough the tweeter will start playing again, and I can then turn it back down and it will continue to play.  Then if the vehicle sits for a week, the next time I turn the stereo on the tweeter won't work until I increase the volume again.  

I have uninstalled my amp and now I can't send enough power to get the tweeter to work properly (I think).

I'm guessing this is some sort of crossover issue?

Looks like the Irridiums are now discontinued?

Justintoxicated said:
I have been having some issues with my DLS irridiums.  If I turn the system up loud enough the tweeter will start playing again, and I can then turn it back down and it will continue to play.  Then if the vehicle sits for a week, the next time I turn the stereo on the tweeter won't work until I increase the volume again.  

I have uninstalled my amp and now I can't send enough power to get the tweeter to work properly (I think).

I'm guessing this is some sort of crossover issue?

Looks like the Irridiums are now discontinued?
have you checked the solder points on the back of the tweeters? i looked at images of those tweeters and it looks like the housings for them cover the solder points.

the x-overs might have a loose/desoldered connection on the pcb board. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.