Pro Audio Speakers???? Bad Choice....

Participant count
  • Participants list
Ok....So I have some CT Sounds Strato Pro Audio 6.5 Components for my front doors and I have some CT Sounds Strato 6x9 Coaxials for my rear doors. I also have a Skar ZVX 12 for my subwoofer....Now my friend is telling me I'm not going to like the CT Sounds PRO Audio speakers because I'm not going to have any mid bass, because pro audio speakers don't really put out any mid bass. Is this true? And if it is should I just trade them for some normal component speakers?

From most, not all, pro audio drivers you will not see much response if simply put in the factory speaker position. I had my Crescendo PWX 6.5s installed in the factory position of a sound-deadened to hell door and had little to no midbass. BUT, throw them into some sealed pods or do a very good job sealing your doors and I’m sure you’ll get some decent midbass. Response curves depend on the installation/enclosure just as much, if not more, than the driver itself. 

Try them out for yourself, your ears don’t lie to you...most of the time. Play with deadening and sealing your doors to see if that improves the response, if not trade or sell them for some dedicated midbass drivers.

From most, not all, pro audio drivers you will not see much response if simply put in the factory speaker position. I had my Crescendo PWX 6.5s installed in the factory position of a sound-deadened to hell door and had little to no midbass. BUT, throw them into some sealed pods or do a very good job sealing your doors and I’m sure you’ll get some decent midbass. Response curves depend on the installation/enclosure just as much, if not more, than the driver itself. 

Try them out for yourself, your ears don’t lie to you...most of the time. Play with deadening and sealing your doors to see if that improves the response, if not trade or sell them for some dedicated midbass drivers.
also power. pro audio style drivers require a ton of power to get them going properly as they are designed specifically for that. No power, no midbass. If you try to manually move a cone of a pro-audio style driver, youll notice that theyre far stiffer than a conventional driver. Higher frequencies are not as affected due to them not needing as much cone movement to reproduce

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.