5,000+ posts

hArRy_DaNgLeRs
California
!

can someone draw me a diagram my computer is bein a queef

here is a pic what wires go to what

relay-wiring-parrot.jpg

thanks guys

ive got the same hu and i just wired it up alot easier way than this. just wire the ground too a toggle switch then that to a ground. flip the switch and you're good.

85 - bu/wt remote turn on wire

86 - ground

30 - ground

87 - l. gn e-brake input wire

only works on 3200/4200 series pioneer's

Go to any auto parts store and purchase a four wire relay and wire it up as follows: The relay will have numbers written on the bottom for each pin. The wire from the parking brake from the H/U to 87. Ground to 85 and 30. Remote from the H/U to 86. This will give you an automatic bypass to the DVD lockout. If you want to just put a switch to do this manually you can also. Go to Radio Shack and buy a momentary push button switch, part number 275-1548. Take the green wire coming out of the unit. Strip the wire, and attach it to one of of the pins on the relay switch. It doesn't matter which one. Buy a standard 16 gauge wire from Radio Shack and connect it to the other pin on the switch, then connect the other end of it to a grounded connection on your vehicle. Now, when you play a DVD, the warning screen will come on. Just press the button on the switch and it will go away, since it tricks the receiver into thinking you have engaged the parking brake. Like someone said before, it is illegal in just about all states to have a dvd or other video playing if the driver can see it and the car is moving. This method is used because the lockout not only keeps you from seeing videos but also locks out some features which many feel have nothing to do with safety and they need it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.