??any ideas??

ostromk45

I have a 2000w 12 inch orian sub a bridged 2000w 2 Chanel amp with a 2600w wiring kit and a 1.5 power cap. My problem is I have the bass on my head unit at -7 the loud off and treble at +5 my gain and frequency is at half way and when I turn the power on my sub thuds and then my amp kicks to protect mode. I turn off the power turn gain and frequency all the way down turn power back on then I can turn them back up but I can only turn the volume up to about 30 and my amp kicks back to protect mode and the process repeats. I am at a lose as what to do I tried taking out the 20 amp fuses from my amp and put in 30's I was able turn the loud on at the same volume but the same thing happened once I tried turn the volume up. Please help!!!

what is the model of you sub and amp
what is the voice coil configuration of your sub

and how do you have it wired

and on a side note, 20 amp fuses on a ''2000'' watt amp:rotflol:
All of this. Also, make sure your filter is set to LPF and set it somewhere between 85-100. No higher.

Also what brand of wiring is this and what gauge power wire came with this 2600watt kit.

+2 its wallyworld .

sub configured wrong below final ohm load

2nd idea amp does 300 watts in reality (if bought from same place as wire)

and a bad connection to say the least.

whats the brand of you amp,deck ..ect ect

Last edited by a moderator:
Link_Playing_Spirit_Flute.png

my amp is a legacy icon yes my wire is 4 gauge no it did not cone from Wally world they don't sell that high I don't remember the brand. Yes both coils r hooked up yes I have the amp in lpf. what size fuses should I put in the amp 20's is just what came with it.

how are the coils wired and what is the voice coil configuration, d2 d4 s2 or s4, we need that info to help you.

if 20s are what it came with than dont put any more than that in it, the fuses are not your problem your wiring is.

Well you could always put bigger fuses in, but that will result in a blown amp. At least it gives you a reason to go buy a real amp. Just for the record, 4 gauge will not power 2600watts and I'm still guessing it's crap wire(close to 5gauge) as only cheap companies advertise their wire by PEAK wattage. Anyway, answer the above questions and we may be able to get you straightened out.

Ok I have a wire to both positives and out to the positive on the amp and same for the negatives and its 18 gauge wire. When I hooked up the remote wire I hooked it to the blue and white wire like you are supposed to but my amp did not turn on. Some one suggested that I take the solid blue wire and hook it to the blue and white as well so I did and my amp turned on but could that be causing my problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.