Divide a box into two or no???

Participant count
  • Participant list
most people will tell you to divide it...

I don't know how many people blow their subs, but I still ahvent' blown mine after 5~6 years...

so I guess the main reason's gotta be due to a sturdy structure... you want your box as rigid as possible...so the partition will act more like a brace... unless you're into some serious SPL, I don't think the real reason to divide the chambers would be to prevent another sub from damage while the other already is...

I chose not to, so I could get a bigger chamber... but should I choose to do so, all I gotta do is to block the little tunnel I built between the chambers...have a look at my member's gallery section to see what I'm talking about...

Originally posted by Wonderbread do it more for structural rigidity...

plus, you really dont lose all that much airspace...
Erm, here I beg to differ...

he wants a vented box...

If one chamber = 1 Cu.Ft, 2 would naturally be 2 Cu.Ft, but if he made two separate chambers, that'd be a whole different story... he can get much louder with a bigger box, especially when the volume doubles, don't you think so?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

whoops, didnt see the vented part...

since its vented, keep it in one airspace...

makes tuning them the same aesier... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

when you put two drivers in a box say 3 cubes, they dont each act as if they are in a 3 cube enclosure....

therefore, divide the two chambers with a brace... a frame, if you will, so that the centre is hollow for air to move through and do calculate the displacement of the brace and get new measurements~//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

brace it like this..

spboxfrt.gif

spboxsid.gif

spboxtop.gif

first pic is as if youw ere looking in teh speaker hole..

second is a side view, and the last pic is from on top... adapt it for your funky shaped box...

BTW - Props to Eatel.net...Perry Babin...

Originally posted by Wonderbread brace it like this..

spboxfrt.gif

spboxsid.gif

spboxtop.gif

first pic is as if youw ere looking in teh speaker hole..

second is a side view, and the last pic is from on top... adapt it for your funky shaped box...

BTW - Props to Eatel.net...Perry Babin...
Kewl~~ we might as well try to convince this Perry chap to join the forum~

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.