polyfill

The ports in a box are there for a reason. Dont plug up the ports. Most of the time Polyfill doesnt make a difference in porten enclosures. If you want to you can line the back of your box with it this may make a difference probly not though. Polyfill works best in sealed inclosures.

do not stuff a ported box, the tunning of the ports is based on exact values of air desity and volume neither of which can be accuratley determined. you want the air to flow in a ported box, that would just be restrictive.

i was just wondering. not gonna do it though. i just put my ports in my box yesterday and and wondering if that was a secret for deeper bass. i guess it isn't

Originally posted by jbl_marshall21 i was just wondering. not gonna do it though. i just put my ports in my box yesterday and and wondering if that was a secret for deeper bass. i guess it isn't
nope...the secret to deeper bass in a ported box is the ports //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif that and volume.

yeah the blank is spl, and the way it improves it is by tricking the sub into thinking there is more volume than there is, it is not all that effective though. My understanding is it changing the speed of sound in the box (slows it down, but only by a small amount) so a wave my take 0.2 ns to travel across a hollow box my take 0.3 ns to travel across a stuffed box, hence tricking the sub. It is not the most effective thing in the world. Stuffing will also through off the tunning of a ported box because it does just that, trick the sub into thinking there is more space, but how much more space? you really cannot be exact so tunning to a frequency is difficault.

excellent, and good thing mine is juuuuuuusssttt right, (down to the thousandths place //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif )

Originally posted by terifi excellent, and good thing mine is juuuuuuusssttt right, (down to the thousandths place //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif )
how can you be so sure? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

j/k...

why do i have it so close, autocad my friend...and simply geometry calculations //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i think ill do that for my next box, im pleased with the current results, but am gonna go back and do better sealing, can never be to sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by terifi why do i have it so close, autocad my friend...and simply geometry calculations //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i think ill do that for my next box, im pleased with the current results, but am gonna go back and do better sealing, can never be to sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ah, autocad....kewl!~~

better sealing? The spit method I told you about? kk...good luck, eh?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by Jmac Does anyone want to inform me of what AutoCAD is and where I can find it ?
huh???

Jmac, of all people...I thought you'd be an expert in CAD...

it's a computer aided drawing software...bloody accurate, if you ask me...

nearly all architects use it... 2D, 3D...oh, it's really complicated if you want to get really into it, cause I have no clue on how to use it, but one officer here uses it to design things and it looks just bloody incredible...

and to get one? hmm.. it's a **** expensive program... you'd have to get a bootlegged version, but with that audodesk thing, you'd need to acquire another registration number... the one that comes with the CD itself is not enough...

anyway, I think if you've got it, you won't become a post ***** no more, you'd be spending time designing some REALLY awesome boxes...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.