distribution wiring help

johnnyblaz3
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
im using 2 amps so my 4 gauge is split into two 8 gauge wires.. one amp for the speakers and one for the subwoofer

am i able to split the 4 gauge wire into another 4 gauge wire and a 8 gauge, so ill have the distribution block comin out with one 4 gauge and one 8 gauge?

i noticed the amp goes into protection mode now that im using 8 gauge for the amp isntead of a 4 gauge which they recomend.

befor it never went into protection mode when i put the volume high, im geussing theres to less power to the amp so it goes into protection?

I would say that you are running to much power to be using 8 gage. keep with the 4 gage. it is probably dropping the voltage two low because of the increased resistance.

i was wondering the same thing..

so it is ok to run a 4/0 and split it to a 8/0 (4-channel) and a 4/0 (sub amp)....because i was planning to go 1/0 and split to 4/0's..

you know what i mean..i'm still learning, work with me here..

so is ok to run a main 4awg power wire and split it into a 8awg (4-channel) and a 4awg (sub amp)....??

because i was planning to go 1/0 and split into two 4awg's..

thanks for the link

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

johnnyblaz3

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
johnnyblaz3
comp chair
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date