Isolater question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Metalfan038

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have 2 runs 1/0 ga from battery under hood going to my extra battery. Im gonna run an isolator when i upgrade to lithium in the next coupke weeks. My question is will i need to run 2 isolators? One on each wire? Or is it possible to just run both wires through the one isolator? Thanks in advance this extra battery stuff is all new to me

Just combine the charging (+) runs in and out of the isoater. Make sure that the isolater is rated for the value of the combined load. ;)

Last edited:
I have 2 runs 1/0 ga from battery under hood going to my extra battery. Im gonna run an isolator when i upgrade to lithium in the next coupke weeks. My question is will i need to run 2 isolators? One on each wire? Or is it possible to just run both wires through the one isolator? Thanks in advance this extra battery stuff is all new to me
You can run both connections on One Isolator. I did one for my brothers Off Grid Van with 1 Duracell AGM 34/78 under the hood(starting battery) and 3 Duracell AGM 34/78 in the rear (for solar and a Sinewave 2500 watt Invertor)off a 300 Amp Isolator as pictured below. No issues for the last 1.50 years. It works excellent. It wouldnt hurt to go up to even a 500 amp for the money? if you want to run an Isolator.

Stinger makes some of the best products within the Market of my experiencing. Another to consider

Amazon product ASIN B004WDPZEWI feel like a smart Isolator is really the way to go

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...