Distortion When Trunk is Closed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hunter079

So I have a Polk dxi 124 DVC subwoofer inside the trunk of my '91 Honda Civic. I have set the gain so that it sounds great with the trunk open, but I noticed that as i close the trunk I can hear it distort. Is there a way to fix this issue? The enclosure is ported by the way and it is firing towards the back of the car.

So I have a Polk dxi 124 DVC subwoofer inside the trunk of my '91 Honda Civic. I have set the gain so that it sounds great with the trunk open, but I noticed that as i close the trunk I can hear it distort. Is there a way to fix this issue? The enclosure is ported by the way and it is firing towards the back of the car.
Distortion is introduced either by the audio source, HU, or amp. You can have distortion without a speaker even connected, so what you're hearing is not distortion; you're hearing something else, like rattles or resonating metal panels coloring the sound.

The distance from the port opening to the surface it's facing will affect the sound. Try playing with the distance between the box and the trunk lid.

im betting its something rattling in the trunk and not the subs making the noise. play a frequency sweep from 30-80 hz or so and when you hear the rattle stop at that frequency and keep playing it until you find where its coming from

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.