Distortion on stock speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jaypeze

Hi, I recently got my 750.1 kicker amp and 2 kicker CompVR subs installed in my Mazda 3. I am using the stock deck and using the amps high-level input to convert the rear speakers wire from a high - low signal. However, every time I play a song that has good bass the stock stereo speakers (NOT the subwoofers) get distorted. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I have heard many situations where the subs sounds bad with stock systems but never the stock speakers getting distorted. It is kind of angering me. I have not heard any distortion in the subs what so ever, they sound fantastic.

Thanks

Cheapest way out,is to buy a Bass Blocker for each speaker other than that sub, and place it on the positive speaker wire,and some have arrows on them..Make sure the arrow goes towards the speaker.You can find them all over ebay for like $10-$20 for a set shipped, with Heatshrink.Will work just fine, but recommend getting a 2/4ch amp for all your mids and highs though.

So 4 bass blockers? Can I install them right behind the deck on the speaker wires?
You might have to install them right before the speakers, in the doors, I'm not sure though. Either way, it's super easy.

Also, you might want to look at turning down the base on your headunit? Is it maxed out? Turn it to flat if it is.

So 4 bass blockers? Can I install them right behind the deck on the speaker wires?
Yes,and @ the speakers.This will work till you.Maybe get some funds together and get a decent HU as stated, and an amp, and upgrade to some good speakers also.Car Audio isnt cheap by any means, unless you buy bare min/cheapest components of course..Bottom line though..Funds are funds.Yet, those will work for you, and get rid of that disturbance.You may retreive instructions with the blockers as well.

Not sure what size speakers you have, but I will give you a list to go by, and yo choose for the approp.Speaker@4ohms basicly=

0-600hz usually for 6in

0-5.6khz for tweeters

0-2.8khz for 3 1/2in

0-800hz for 5 1/4in

0-300hz for 6x9

0-1.2khz for 4in. @ 6db/4ohms what i found

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.