Subs just don't sound "right"

clysports

Hey guys, I'm new here and pretty much joined for this one problem but I will stick around if it gets solved //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anyways, what's happening is my subs just don't sound right. It is hard to describe, but it sounds too much like hitting a drum, where I want low rolls instead.

I haven't always had this problem, a couple months ago when I first got the set up they sounded great and loud, Perfect. However, the amplifier stopped working correctly so I sent it in and they fixed it and its back. Upon hooking everything back up, the problem began.

I have a 2200w Boss Audio Amp, model CE2200M to be exact. Two Type R's, 12 inches, and 4 ohms. The wiring is Install Bay AK02, 1/0 gauge.

When I watch the subs play, it appears that the sub on the left is playing at the opposite time of the sub on the right, and they are cancelling each other out. I have no idea if that is true, but it appears to be this way.

Also its a ported enclosure, and I have a Jeep Wrangler if that means anything. (no rear seat, or else this wouldn't fit!)

Thanks in advance for the help! I can provide any more info you guys need.

Oh and the final thing that probably you need to know, the head unit is a Kenwood unit.

I cant recall the exact model but I can go get it if you need. I use the RCA red and white output from the HU as the input for the amp. Also, there are three settings on the amp, crossover frequency(i think, not sure what it is though), bass boost, and bass level. I have toyed around with those, but still can't find a good setting.

Yep! One of the wires in the box got wired up backwards. I noticed that the subs were playing opposite of each other haha.

And I know Boss isn't a great brand, but I got it off a friend. I will probably be looking to get a different amp sometime in the future but I don't have enough money right now.

I need to build up the rest of the system first anyway, my HU isn't the best, and the speakers could use improvement. The boss will work for now!

thanks again guys!

Yep! One of the wires in the box got wired up backwards. I noticed that the subs were playing opposite of each other haha.
And I know Boss isn't a great brand, but I got it off a friend. I will probably be looking to get a different amp sometime in the future but I don't have enough money right now.

I need to build up the rest of the system first anyway, my HU isn't the best, and the speakers could use improvement. The boss will work for now!

thanks again guys!
so do I win?

Hey guys, I'm new here and pretty much joined for this one problem but I will stick around if it gets solved //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Anyways, what's happening is my subs just don't sound right. It is hard to describe, but it sounds too much like hitting a drum, where I want low rolls instead.

I haven't always had this problem, a couple months ago when I first got the set up they sounded great and loud, Perfect. However, the amplifier stopped working correctly so I sent it in and they fixed it and its back. Upon hooking everything back up, the problem began.

I have a 2200w Boss Audio Amp, model CE2200M to be exact. Two Type R's, 12 inches, and 4 ohms. The wiring is Install Bay AK02, 1/0 gauge.

When I watch the subs play, it appears that the sub on the left is playing at the opposite time of the sub on the right, and they are cancelling each other out. I have no idea if that is true, but it appears to be this way.

Also its a ported enclosure, and I have a Jeep Wrangler if that means anything. (no rear seat, or else this wouldn't fit!)

Thanks in advance for the help! I can provide any more info you guys need.
well heres your problem..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.