Disappointed in box for 18" fi btl, 6.49cu, tuned to 32.95, 103.69 sq

you are tuned way higher than you thought you were bud. With a lot less airspace as well.
Use torres box calculator not whatever else you are using because its flat out wrong lol.
Thanks for advice, I'll get a box laid out and be sure to post here first just to double check. Thanks

whats a real good calculator? better not be re box calc or some other online calculator...
Point taken and deff acknowledged, lesson learn to always double check, I was in a rush and tried taking the easy route. Here's the calc. I have, I will download Torres tonight and from here on out rely on that program as well as double check outside of program.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong or is it just the program? I'm still getting 6.26 for net, with 107.63in of port area I did find 2 different specs for sub displacement so with .26 it came down to 6.18 which is obviously a little small.

Everytime I look at your screen name it looks like this analracing.

OK with that out of the way, I would remake an enclosure for it. @CSCStang can prob help ya out with a good design for it.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Everytime I look at your screen name it looks like this analracing.

OK with that out of the way, I would remake an enclosure for it. @CSCStang can prob help ya out with a good design for it.[/QUOTE]

lol I didn't even think of that! Lmao I've been on this forum since 04 but can't get my old name to log in, still waiting to see if they can help with that.

I'm deff going to do another box, I'm just researching as much as I can and maybe will pm Cscstang and have him critique it.

lol I didn't even think of that! Lmao I've been on this forum since 04 but can't get my old name to log in, still waiting to see if they can help with that.
I'm deff going to do another box, I'm just researching as much as I can and maybe will pm Cscstang and have him critique it.
He can def help you out man. I would trust him.

Point taken and deff acknowledged, lesson learn to always double check, I was in a rush and tried taking the easy route. Here's the calc. I have, I will download Torres tonight and from here on out rely on that program as well as double check outside of program.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong or is it just the program? I'm still getting 6.26 for net, with 107.63in of port area I did find 2 different specs for sub displacement so with .26 it came down to 6.18 which is obviously a little small.

I would never put an 18" In anything smaller then 7cubes and that's on the small side.

What would be ideal for the 18" with 2000rms clean?

So clamped power on a fi btl 18 UFO? Because huge difference in a 2k amp and clamping 2k power...My buddy had two in 6.5cubes each with 4K and it was not loud. I'm a fan of big boxes and loud lows. If it was my system I would do 8cubes tuned low like 26hz... but that's just me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.