Dimming any solution ?

OP, do not use a cap, and do not use a Yellow Top. If you understood how caps work, you would understand why. Do a search, there is plenty of info on this site. Also, Optima's quality has gone down recently since they moved their plant. I personally bought a brand new Yellowtop that fell to a resting voltage of 12.2 in 3 months. I'm not the only one that has bad issues.
yea i wasnt planning to get a cap , i just hope i can fix this without touching my alternator , and preferably do not run 2 battery

lol im more confused now some say do not run 2 battery other say you can ,some say optima is the way to go others tell me do not buy optima , i appreciate your help tought //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Wtf are you talking about lol ..u can run multiple batts on stock alt..wow...and dont worry about kinetic or optima...go to sams and get their duracell agm ..unless someone around u sells deka agm batts..they r the best bang for.the buck...and yes fix that ground.. how do u figure u are getting 500rns from that anp? how.did u set he gains?
well im not sure that im getting 500 rms but my amp is a apsm 2000 wireded at 1 ohm with my 2 dvc , and my gain is set at 1/4 , if i set at 2/3 its dimming way to much , i know gain isnt a control volume but still with my old 300 w rms amp my light was dimming a little .

for example if im getting 600 w rms now and my lights are dimming , could i fix this with only a good battery , kinetik , optima w/e lol , i dont really want to touch to my alternator and my trunk space is low for an other battery

well im not sure that im getting 500 rms but my amp is a apsm 2000 wireded at 1 ohm with my 2 dvc , and my gain is set at 1/4 , if i set at 2/3 its dimming way to much , i know gain isnt a control volume but still with my old 300 w rms amp my light was dimming a little .
Do not buy any optima ..waste of money ..dekas or duracell are the way to go ..and u can run 2 batts on stock alt just fine ...so u have 1 15 " and its a dual 2 wired to 1 ohm? correct? that amp should do like 1500 clean rms before it starts to clip the signal...u have to at least ditch the stock batt for a good agm and fix ur ground

Do not buy any optima ..waste of money ..dekas or duracell are the way to go ..and u can run 2 batts on stock alt just fine ...so u have 1 15 " and its a dual 2 wired to 1 ohm? correct? that amp should do like 1500 clean rms before it starts to clip the signal...u have to at least ditch the stock batt for a good agm and fix ur ground
anything good on ebay ?

2 12s daytons //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif RSS315HO-44
I would start by fixing.the ground to a solid point ..either directly o the frame or a strut bolt with the paint well sanded off ..then replace the front battery with a agm...what kind of car? u need to match the output of the rcas on on ur deck to the inout voltage of the amp anything past this is clipping ..there are many tutorials on how to do this with a dmm..like i sai that amp should do around 1500 rms clean power..and do urself a favor and get a digital volt meter so u xan monitor ur voltage

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

anything good on ebay ?
No not batteries. .do u have a sams near you? or a deka battery outlet?

not really im from canada ,thats why i was planning buying on ebay

I would start by fixing.the ground to a solid point ..either directly o the frame or a strut bolt with the paint well sanded off ..then replace the front battery with a agm...what kind of car? u need to match the output of the rcas on on ur deck to the inout voltage of the amp anything past this is clipping ..there are many tutorials on how to do this with a dmm..like i sai that amp should do around 1500 rms clean power..and do urself a favor and get a digital volt meter so u xan monitor ur voltage 

yea im waiting my dmm just ordered about 10 days ago , and about my ground i tought a well sanded spot in my trunk would have been good , well ill move it to make sure it is good .

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

you know what gime 5 mins ill come back with photos of my ground brb

What kind of local parts stores do u have ? like we have advance auto ..auto zome oreilley ..idk what u guys have in canada..sheet metal isnt the best ground evem sanded..bc its spot welded to so many other panels it has a lot of resistance..try noving to frame or rear strut bolt...but anyways all of ur loxal shops should sell their own brand of agm battery

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.