Dilemma? What Would You Do?

Bobbytwonames
5,000+ posts

Trigger Man!
Vegas
I just received my lithium cells to finish my current build. Here's the dilemma, I ordered two banks and four banks showed up. So, I ordered 12 cells, and 24 arrived today. What would you do? Chalk it up to good fortune for being screwed over in the past. Just curious what you guys would do.

20210511_171010.jpg
20210511_171025.jpg
20210504_005918.jpg

I wouldn’t have made a thread about it to where some people will say keep and others say send back. Me personally, I would just keep them. Maybe they knew you’d f up the first 12 and were trying to help?? Jk 😂

I wouldn’t have made a thread about it to where some people will say keep and others say send back. Me personally, I would just keep them. Maybe they knew you’d f up the first 12 and were trying to help?? Jk 😂

I'm not touching them. My installer is balancing the bank that I need for my Bug. He told me that I could go two banks in the Bug if I wanted to, but not necessary. And, one bank for the Dodge. I drop to high 11's to mid 12's on bass heavy songs while idling. So, I have two banks extra.

Just keep em and be done with it. Home Depot girl checked me out (before covid) for 20 panels that were supposed to be ~$30 a piece and somehow input the wrong item at ~$10 a piece. I wasn’t paying attention and when I got home I looked at the receipt (I bought more than just the panels) and realized it.

Just keep em and be done with it. Home Depot girl checked me out (before covid) for 20 panels that were supposed to be ~$30 a piece and somehow input the wrong item at ~$10 a piece. I wasn’t paying attention and when I got home I looked at the receipt (I bought more than just the panels) and realized it.

I hear ya. I've had my truck stolen with my system and tools in it. I've had multiple big compressors and nail guns stolen. When my truck was stolen, they even stole my gold 300 ring for bowling a 300. Maybe, I should just take it as a blessing.

I hear ya. I've had my truck stolen with my system and tools in it. I've had multiple big compressors and nail guns stolen. When my truck was stolen, they even stole my gold 300 ring for bowling a 300. Maybe, I should just take it as a blessing.
I’d definitely take it as a blessing. It’s cool of you to weigh out the ethical side of this situation but IMO everyone deserves a win every now and then, especially with everything going on now. Take advantage of the good things.

I’d definitely take it as a blessing. It’s cool of you to weigh out the ethical side of this situation but IMO everyone deserves a win every now and then, especially with everything going on now. Take advantage of the good things.

My thought process was;

1. Keep them
2. Call the supplier and offer him 50% for the extra two banks
3. Sell them to pay for my two banks
4. Give them to my installer to cover labor for my install
5. Just send them back

I tend to overthink things.

They may even tell you to just keep them if you told them. Another time at HD, they charged me wrong (to my benefit) and I caught it before leaving the parking lot and went in and customer service told me not to worry about it and have a good day.

Its bad Karma to keep them without saying anything
Karma is ***** and she loves to kick you when your down.
Let the guy know, he might not care, he might give you something for being honest.
Nothing in life is free, somehow, some way, somewhere down the line you're going to pay for it
You just don't know how yet.

As much as I would want to keep them, I would contact where I purchased from and let them know. Would also let them know that they need to send a shipping label if they want them back because I’m not coming out of pocket for shipping costs from someone’s mistake. If they tell you to keep them, you got some extra for free, if not, you’re not out anything. I don't know what these cost / worth as I haven't played with audio gear much in years, but if worth a good bit more than shipping costs, especially a $100 or more, they'll probably want them back. Anything battery related is not cheap from what I remember, so I feel they will definitely want them back.

I would've told myself that I must've accidentally ordered 4 banks, kept them and moved on living the lie that I'm an ethical and honest human being.

Have you checked the packing slip and receipt? My drunk self has definitely ordered extra items by mistake. I think i got lucky until I realize that I actually paid for the extra items.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...