Digging jbl sub tuned to 42 hz

Infinity and jbl but they're the same co. Idk maybe they a patent on it. It has it's advantages and disadvantages but for what it is i think it's fine. Probably not too many people trying to get to a 1ohm load with one of these subs lol. It's just a switch couldn't be any more simple.

That pioneer is a 600 watt sub right? What amp are you using?
3003 is 600w rms. JBL GTR-1001. Tested over 1200w @ 2 ohm. Too much amp but my gain is low. No SSF but I never used them even ported. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the 3" x 6" port out and covered it up. Cut a 4" x 10" piece of PVC and installed it out the side where the previous 4" port was. Epoxied and will listen in the morning. Curious about 42 hz. 

Port out the side facing the drivers side or passenger side in a sedan trunk? The back seat is two sections and both fold down. 

Took the 3" x 6" port out and covered it up. Cut a 4" x 10" piece of PVC and installed it out the side where the previous 4" port was. Epoxied and will listen in the morning. Curious about 42 hz. 

Port out the side facing the drivers side or passenger side in a sedan trunk? The back seat is two sections and both fold down. 
I'd just try all of it if was me. Including to the rear if you can. With the power you're using I think it'll do better with the 4" as long as you have everything sealed up good.. let me know how ya like it..

I have it wired for full power but since the amp is capaable of 1200 I keep the gains low. I listened to it a little bit and like it. I think I’m going to leave an inch sticking out and attach a 4” elbow aimed to the rear. 

I have it wired for full power but since the amp is capaable of 1200 I keep the gains low. I listened to it a little bit and like it. I think I’m going to leave an inch sticking out and attach a 4” elbow aimed to the rear. 
Not sure i follow i thought you said it was an external port? What would an elbow added to it lower the tune to?

It is external, 10” long. I will cut off the port leaving 1” outside the box so I have the elbow to attach to it. Once the elbow is in place I will either cut it or add to it to get 10” measured down the middle. 

It is external, 10” long. I will cut off the port leaving 1” outside the box so I have the elbow to attach to it. Once the elbow is in place I will either cut it or add to it to get 10” measured down the middle. 
Oh ok I c. You might need a little more than a inch. If I remember right,the elbows I've used anyway,go in a little deeper than an inch. Been a while since I've needed to use 1. If you have the room I'd try a 90 degree sweep instead of a sharp 90. I would think the air flow would be a little better.

Well that's cool you can experiment and see what works best in your car with that box and sub before you upgrade to something else. 

The standard sweep I think is 8.09" long. Add .75 for the wall of the box. Might have to add a small piece to the other end or box end won't know until I do it. Add a flush piece inside the end that flares from 4" to 5" so its 4" the entire length.

By the way take off for a short radius elbow is 1.5×diameter

Multiply by 2 to get the length of the elbow down the center.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.