Difficult High End Component Choice

mr4pto
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
GA
Hey. I am in the market for high a really high end pair of 6.5" 2 way component speakers. They are going into a Mountaineer to run my front stage. They are going to replace a pair of Boston Pro 6.5 system. They are powered by a jl 450/4, so each speaker will receive 150 watts from that amplifier. I listen mostly to rap, rock, and alternative. My rear stage are Boston pros as well and I have 2 10W7s for subs with a 1000/1. Eclipse CD8443 headunit.

The speakers I am considering are:

Dynaudio 240GT

MB Quart QSD216

Focal 165W Utopia

Boston Z6

I am open to any other suggestions. I really like the sound of my pros, but I would like to make a step up in hopes of getting tighter mid bass and a louder speaker with lower distortion.

I know this is probably an impossible question and it is hard to get unbiased opinions on. I would like any advice you guys can give. I am sure I would be pretty happy with any of these, but I would like to make the best choice for my car and listening preferences.

Thanks.

Robert

Z6 is a great choice , I have the pro's in my car my dad has the Z6, they produce about 30% more music with about 100% more volume. He's running them off a JL 300/4.

why dont you also look into morel, rainbow, diamond. whatever you choose to do, make sure that you listen to them all to make sure that you find the one that YOU like.

alpine f1 status 6" 2 ways,$1500(msrp). out peformed morel hybrid6 ovation, rainbow cs 260.30,dls iridium 6.2. 6 1/2"s.
You'd have to spend $3grand for a pair because that's $1500 for ONE 6.5 and ONE tweeter and ONE crossover. I don't care how good they sound, me personally I can't justify the cost and for that matter the cost of anything in the F1 lineup. That's just me though.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hey. I am in the market for high a really high end pair of 6.5" 2 way component speakers. They are going into a Mountaineer to run my front stage. They are going to replace a pair of Boston Pro 6.5 system. They are powered by a jl 450/4, so each speaker will receive 150 watts from that amplifier. I listen mostly to rap, rock, and alternative. My rear stage are Boston pros as well and I have 2 10W7s for subs with a 1000/1. Eclipse CD8443 headunit.
The speakers I am considering are:

Dynaudio 240GT

MB Quart QSD216

Focal 165W Utopia

Boston Z6

I am open to any other suggestions. I really like the sound of my pros, but I would like to make a step up in hopes of getting tighter mid bass and a louder speaker with lower distortion.

I know this is probably an impossible question and it is hard to get unbiased opinions on. I would like any advice you guys can give. I am sure I would be pretty happy with any of these, but I would like to make the best choice for my car and listening preferences.

Thanks.

Robert
If you like the Pro 6.5's then why not take a listen to the Z6's, they are supposedly better than the Pro's which from what I hear would be a pretty tall order. Just listen to all of your choices if you can and take your own music with you..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yea I may take a listen to the Z6's. They are the only speaker were I even know where to find at a retail store. I don't know if dynaudio or focal are even carried at a local store here. I have heard the QSD's and I liked them, but don't think they fit my choice for a natural sounding speaker as much as others may.

Hi, I'm also in the same situation as you looking for some high end comps, looking at some pretty cool deals at ebay, and i went for the QSD216

Reason : Likes the crystal clear sound quality from them! Its clear and sharp, but not irrating like my previous infinity, which is too sharp, maybe because i mounted them on the dashboard.

I'm still new to the audio world but there are some things which i think might really make a difference for your qsd 216.

Don't mount your tweeter on the dashboard, try it on the door panel and turn the angle abit towards you, its painful if its a new ride to have to drill a hole, but the result is worth it, that's what makes mb quart from "sharp" to "smooth and clear" imho because of the tweeter mounting.

Personally i have tried mb quart premium in my previous ride installed my the ex. owner and its a magical feeling to experience it, with the 4 doors soundproofed.

Since you like the Pros go with the Z6's. I have the Pros myself and like the a lot, the only reasons why I didn't go with the Z6's (which I heard and they are louder/clearer) is cuz of the price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.