different types of tweeters??

Participant count
  • Participant list

ckrtazn018

CA
this question's been buggin me for a while, and i've searched for an answer to it, but haven't really found a good answer... hopefully u guys can shine some light upon me... here's the question... what's the difference between the different types of tweeters?? for example: silk dome, titanium dome, aluminum dome, etc..

my guess is that they produce different highs...with the silks being the least harsh, but that's just a guess. any help on this would be greatly appreciated. thx //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thats basically the only difference. The metal domes are harsher, more of a tinny sound and the silks are a little smoother on the ears.

No real winner between the two. It all comes down to personal preference. In my case it comes down to which set is cheaper. I'll take either or.

Thats basically the only difference. The metal domes are harsher, more of a tinny sound and the silks are a little smoother on the ears.
No real winner between the two. It all comes down to personal preference. In my case it comes down to which set is cheaper. I'll take either or.
with a fantastic Eq you can Eq out that harshness you speak of.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.