different types of mat>>>>>>>

Participant count
  • Participant list

phoneman
10+ year member

i like pie
ok
I have been fiberglassing a big box and so far have just got the bottom mold done with 2 layers of fiberglass. I have been using Bondo resin and mat from Wal-Mart which seems fine but I wouldnt know any better anyhow. But I was wondering about maybe using a thicker mat for the larger areas, While on the search today for some more resin and mat while I was working I went into a marine shop to see what they had. While they were out of resin they did have some pretty expensive mat that was really thick and woven, it was very uniform and almost like a quilt and seemed like it may be very good to use but would **** up alot of resin. Does anyone have any knowledge of using this? Would It be good to mix the 2 types of mat? And would this work fine with regular Bondo resin from wally world?

or should I just stick with the easy to get cheap Bondo stuff?

any other recomendations will be appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.