different brahma setup.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Natheo
10+ year member

OH YEAH!!
Michigan
im looking at an amp setup that, i think, will get me 1250 watts per sub. it would be 2 brahmas, in ported boxes now (always changing my mind). now, would the dimensions they put on adires website for a 12" with 1300 watts going to it be good for 1250? and if i were to port this box, would it have to be bigger, and how would i find out how big to make the port. maybe i should just have someone build this for me... i wanted to set up the boxes on either side of my trunk.

can someone explain the difference between slotted and round ports to me? an one more, how loud would this setup be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ?

Originally posted by Natheo im looking at an amp setup that, i think, will get me 1250 watts per sub. it would be 2 brahmas, in ported boxes now (always changing my mind). now, would the dimensions they put on adires website for a 12" with 1300 watts going to it be good for 1250? and if i were to port this box, would it have to be bigger, and how would i find out how big to make the port. maybe i should just have someone build this for me... i wanted to set up the boxes on either side of my trunk.

can someone explain the difference between slotted and round ports to me? an one more, how loud would this setup be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ?
Loud is relative - nobody can answer that accurately.

Only difference between slotted and round ports is the design really. They both serve the purpose of porting a driver.

Yes... 50 watts on the box design - won't mean a bit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

just had a memory lapse; i want an sq system. should i just stay sealed? it keeps things real simple...

i meant loud as in a rough estimate db wise... like what?

just guesses.....if you go ported with the 2.5kw your talking about, im guessing mid 150's....sealed will probably get you in the high 140's mabey low 150's.....if your going for quality, so sealed, 2400 watts will make them plenty loud.

ok more questions.

how thick of mdf should i use to build the boxes?

how should i seal it?

(reeeeeeeeeely stoopid) do you just use screws to attach them, or are there better choices?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.