difference in SA8 ported and SA8 in a 6th order

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jroo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have a chance to get a SA8 real cheap used and wondered had anyone modeled the difference in ported vs 6th order? Years ago on caraudioclassifieds.org, had a few free 6th order plans and I remember a few said the Sa8 did really well in the boxes. I am going to try and dig up the plans. If memory serves me, they had two versions, one being bandwidth and one being high output. I would look more at the bandwidth version.

Back to the question, has any modeled or care to model a single SA8 in a ported vs 6th order? The one I will end up with is 4 ohm final load on around 300 rms from an older JL slash amp in a sedan trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

According to the Taramps site, there are three variants: TARAMPS SMART3 BASS 1 CHANNEL 3000 WATTS RMS 0.5 ~ 2 OHMS CAR AUDIO AMPLIFIER. TARAMPS...
I can hear the difference. A typical component system will have a superior tweeter and crossover, although I've noticed component crossovers are...
Just thought I'd quickly update this thread as it's been a long while since I promised an update, I finally checked the AC output of the speaker...
A pair of American Bass Hawk 15s will slamm home as well. Just put in a pair in a good friends 02 T.Car in 7.0@31htz on a Cresendo Skyway 3k...
you may like them facing forward rather than Rear faced. Its all about how you like and enjoy by your ear/listening not others. try Both...

About this thread

Jroo

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Jroo
richmond virginia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date