What size aeroport should I use and how long of a port

It actually might not be. Thats 8.5 before displacements.

Skars design recs for this sub are retarded. It needs a large enclosure. After sub and aero displacement it will be well below 8cu. Id use 1 8 or 10" aero

It actually might not be. Thats 8.5 before displacements. Skars design recs for this sub are retarded. It needs a large enclosure. After sub and aero displacement it will be well below 8cu. Id use 1 8 or 10" aero
this!!! the evl 18s model well in a 10 cube box. tuned to 31hz. That 4.5 cube manufacturer recommendation is garbage.

I'd do an 8 for low power and a 10 for very high power applications.

I figured 4.5 was way too small but 10 cubes? Jesus! I was guessing the average 6 cubes.

Pretty sad the company doesn't even know what size box to put their subs in.

10" (its actually 9") sono tube should work out pretty good. I used two of them with Soundqubed 2 18" wall.

I figured 4.5 was way too small but 10 cubes? Jesus! I was guessing the average 6 cubes.

10" (its actually 9") sono tube should work out pretty good. I used two of them with Soundqubed 2 18" wall.
I would have to say someone copied/pasted on their website, w/o realizing it or just didn't care and no one has mentioned it to have them fix it.

The evl is under motored imo. And look at the QTS...

No way will it be optimal in a compact box. 4.5 is very small for an 18

brah its skar audio lmao.

He probably looked at the zv3 and said heeey lets just recommend slightly bigger than that woofer and make our sh*t look like it'll compete with that sh*t.

brah its skar audio lmao.
He probably looked at the zv3 and said heeey lets just recommend slightly bigger than that woofer and make our sh*t look like it'll compete with that sh*t.
That is true. Wonder if he still tells people he has a Lamborghini.

I can't believe that people still buy Skar after Kevin's super sketchy past.

The evl is under motored imo. And look at the QTS...
I did the math for the motor force.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

You can, but the box has to be huge when qts is that high... like someone said, the 18 models to need 10cu. Basically the motor isnt strong enough to compensate for a compact box.

Some locals out here just finished a build with 4 evl 18s walled on 5k. Awaiting to see #s because these guys dont understand ts specs and used skar specs for box. Im fully expecting it to do like 148 only

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.