did my system kill my car?

Twistid
5,000+ posts

ok well my car dident start, figured it was the battery so i went to pep boys they did the diagonistic thing and it said dead battery, ok so i get a new one go back install the ***** , and its still doing the same thing , nothing

system comes on fine and knocks harder than ever ( i guess cus my old battery was dieing) and i had a chat with the pep boys guy, i told him i recently baught a new alternator and he said yea that could be the problem, with a new alt and a half dead battery the alt would be strainin to charge the battery and visa versa ... i dunno, nothing happens when i try to turn it over, theres a slight clicking noise but nothing like if my starter was goin dead, but im startin to think its that... could my shitty battery and new alt have strained the starter enough to kill it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif im so broke i just spent my paycheck on a good battery and another L7 and now i might have to get another starter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

um yes alt works , it should i baught the ***** new and installed it myself and it was runnin fine for a month or so until the car soon started studdering at starts and if i played my music alot i would notice harder and harder to start the car

i would defintly bet it is the starter, i came out to my car one time awhile ago and went to start the thing and then i started to hear clicking noises and the tried it again and again and again and nothing but clicking. the caa guy came and he tried to charge my batt but nothing got it to the dealer and bam starter was burnt out. so hope this helps.

hey i had the same problem, but i dont have a new alt. or battery. I had that same clickin noise and it would only do that every so often, my dad found a new starter for like $140 or sumn and now it works like a champ!

You should watch because the auto parts stores where i'm from are known for selling bad batteries. Then they sell you a new alt, the a new starter, then they tell you the computer is trashed. One guy that works a Advanced Auto actually would put a small hole in one of the cells of the battery so it would work fine when he put it in, but wouldn't a week later.

does it click like crazy when u try to turn it over cause if so it happens when either ur batteries dead as **** of the ground on the starter moter is loose

no it dosent click like crazy or make clickING noises, it makes ONE click when attempting to crank the engine , one click every time u turn the key, not click click click but just a simple "click" is that also a sympton of a bad starter? i know that numerous clicks is a dead giveaway of a bad starter i just wasent sure if a single click is also a symptom ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.