Did I get my internal amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

tbreitinger14

Hey, guys.. so, I'm fairly certain I f'ed up my internal amp. I have a dual alb10 (I know, crap anyways) that I think I fried. I had originally had a short wire running from the positive terminal to the remote terminal for testing, as well as having my ground connected.

Well, when I went to install the actual remote wire, I pulled out that small wire running from the power terminal and scraped the ground terminal (there was a spark). Now, it doesn't work.

I have replaced the fuses (even though they didn't look like they were blown) and I've tested power with a DMM. DMM shows the correct power when going from positive to ground terminal.

No light shows on though. Not even a red or protection mode light.

So, question is, is it safe to say that I've fried the internal circuitry of this powered subwoofer? Follow up question, is there an easy way to diagnose / fix?

Thanks!

Did you check the fuse at the battery... do you have one?... power at the terminals tho... IDK if that's worth fixing if it is blown... I suppose it can't hurt to try...

Hey, guys.. so, I'm fairly certain I f'ed up my internal amp. I have a dual alb10 (I know, crap anyways) that I think I fried. I had originally had a short wire running from the positive terminal to the remote terminal for testing, as well as having my ground connected. Well, when I went to install the actual remote wire, I pulled out that small wire running from the power terminal and scraped the ground terminal (there was a spark). Now, it doesn't work.

I have replaced the fuses (even though they didn't look like they were blown) and I've tested power with a DMM. DMM shows the correct power when going from positive to ground terminal.

So, question is, is it safe to say that I've fried the internal circuitry of this powered subwoofer? Follow up question, is there an easy way to diagnose / fix?

Thanks!
not really unless u pull sub and test it separtely not really but amp is probably gone if u replaced all fuses.. man u better off to get like ct sounds package on amazon for like $200 u get fair amp ok sub and ported box and u can upgrade sub and or amp later with that..

Hey, guys.. so, I'm fairly certain I f'ed up my internal amp. I have a dual alb10 (I know, crap anyways) that I think I fried. I had originally had a short wire running from the positive terminal to the remote terminal for testing, as well as having my ground connected. Well, when I went to install the actual remote wire, I pulled out that small wire running from the power terminal and scraped the ground terminal (there was a spark). Now, it doesn't work.

Thanks!
This is hard to follow, but it seems you may have fried the remote turn on output from your head unit if that's what you shorted to ground.

I've replaced the fuses. Also, it has nothing to do with the head unit... the short happened when my jumper that was connecting my power and remote accidentally hit the ground.

Also, I know I could go with a better sub, just ran outta money. bought all new infinity door speakers and a new pioneer 4800bs.

Thanks for the responses!

I see the confusion. When you keep saying remote wire, we're thinking the blue remote wire coming from the HU....which turns on the amp(s) once the HU turns on. You need to call it something else to defuse the confusion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.