Mercedes-Benz 1999 ML 320 Bose Wiring New Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello,

I have a Mercedes-Benz 1999 ML 320. It comes with a Bose Amplifier and Subwoofer. I took out the original tape player and replaced it with a double din Android Head Unit: https://goo.gl/XrV6Yp

For the speakers connection I used the RCA outputs from the new headunit instead of the direct wiring from the harness, because the direct output from the new headunit created a lot of noise and distortion (I'm assuming amp from new headunit to amp in car was too hot a signal).

I just have two questions:

Question 1

The subwoofer wiring diagram on the car shows four connections - instead of the regular 2 connections of positive (+) and negative (-).

I wouldn't know how to splice that to an RCA head to connect to the new headunit's subwoofer out RCA plug.

There is a good amount of bass in the car when I play music - does this mean the car's amplifier is automatically distributing bass to the subwoofer without me having to connect anything? If not, how can I connect it?

(I attached the car's wiring diagram as well as the headunit's wiring diagram for help).

Question 2

The person who initially installed the unit when I was out of the town, not sure he did a good job. Do you guys mind verifying the following and if I need to change anything?

1. Headunit ACC wire -> Connected to -> Car Ignition wire (Shouldn't this be connected to the Constant 12V?)

2. Headunit Amplifier Control wire -> Connected to -> Car Antenna Trigger wire (Do I need this connection at all if don't want to use the FM/AM? Or is this something for the amplifier?)

3. They connected both the "Ground" and "Brake Control" wires from the Headunit -> Connected to the same -> Car Ground wire (What is Brake Control? Do I really need this to be connected to anything? What purpose does it serve?)

4. Finally the Headunit's ILLUMINATION wire was left unused and the Car's ILLUMINATION wire is also unused. Shouldn't I connect them together? My new headunit's Panel light is always on. If I connect them will they turn on only when I turn the car's lights on?

Thank you guys so much for all your help

Nick

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.