Did i brake my new amp

Gogetass5

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I bought a taramps smart 3 1_2 o had it for about a week did great but had it weird to 4 ohms so wanted to rewire it I didn't not un plug it to do so and a speaker wire touched some metal on my seat parked and all that didnt think much of it untill I plugged my speakers back up and the amp went in protect and speakers sounded funny amp acted like no power was beein produced and thought I blown my speakers plugged my old amps back up speakers are fine but my taramps amp plugged it back up allcinnetions are good work for a few seconds and then this light just kept going up then down like it was turning off and on even with no music playing I rewired it like it was when it worked and the same thang just powered on them off I'm guessing I see no fuses on the amp my in line fuse is fine it has power grounds good did it dry when a speaker wire touched a safety metal bar and arked on it my guess is I blow the amp up or might have fried it if so how do I fix it or what else might make it power on then off battery is good iv done the same thang with other amps blown fuses that way just swap them out and try not to do it again but it happens and if it's so smart why didnt it protect itself did I just waste 300 dollars

Yes the amp is very smart. Changes rail voltages and does crazy neat stuff. But what it doesn’t do and cannot do is protect its internals when wires are randomly touched to other metal dude. Touch the power wire maybe, it’d pop the fuse. Touch the speaker wires, and that’s gonna funk something inside the amp up. Don’t bash the company, it unfortunately is your user error.
So I bought a taramps smart 3 1_2 o had it for about a week did great but had it weird to 4 ohms so wanted to rewire it I didn't not un plug it to do so and a speaker wire touched some metal on my seat parked and all that didnt think much of it untill I plugged my speakers back up and the amp went in protect and speakers sounded funny amp acted like no power was beein produced and thought I blown my speakers plugged my old amps back up speakers are fine but my taramps amp plugged it back up allcinnetions are good work for a few seconds and then this light just kept going up then down like it was turning off and on even with no music playing I rewired it like it was when it worked and the same thang just powered on them off I'm guessing I see no fuses on the amp my in line fuse is fine it has power grounds good did it dry when a speaker wire touched a safety metal bar and arked on it my guess is I blow the amp up or might have fried it if so how do I fix it or what else might make it power on then off battery is good iv done the same thang with other amps blown fuses that way just swap them out and try not to do it again but it happens and if it's so smart why didnt it protect itself did I just waste 300 dollars

As far as I know, there's no short circuit protection on the speaker wires. The speaker wires shorting out might not pull enough amperage to blow the fuses or blow them quickly enough before internal damage is done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...