Confucius.

Heathen

CarAudio.com Recruit
Auckland
Some help, please...

I have two of these amps, I plan on using one for the front L/R channels, and the other for the rear L/R channels.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-21906-Kicker-DX200.4-08DX200.4.html

Obviously I'll have to use RCA splitters to have all of the amp's RCA inputs filled (and to play a full signal?).

Any voltage loss from splitting could be counteracted by increasing Gain, right? However, as there are two Gains (Amp1 & Amp2 as the body of the amplifier reads), I'm guessing the signal to the speakers will be from both amps combined? So, I'm unsure of what to do with the Gains here to accurately match them.

I'll have the XOVER switched to Off, and use the Crossover in the headunit.

There is a Bridge Wiring under the speaker outputs. I'm unclear of which terminals, to use as a pair, for a single speaker.

Some direction, and advice on anything I've missed would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20210926_092120.jpg
    IMG_20210926_092120.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20210926_092054.jpg
    IMG_20210926_092054.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 38
Some direction, and advice on anything I've missed would be appreciated.
You got it all down. First and last terminals on top row are channel 1 and first and last terminals on second row are channel 2. Voltage loss to channel splitting is quite negligible so no need to consider it. As for setting gains, do it by ear. No need to get technical in doing it. Set radio at 75% volume and raise gain until you feel comfortable with the speaker's performance.

Doing gain by ear for individual speakers can be a pain in the butt.
i would use a multimeter and test tones to set the gains. their are a bunch of YouTube videos showing how to do this. You will just have to do it 4 times to get all of the channels set to the same power.

Thanks, dragon.breath and 1aespinoza.

Is Channel 1, in this instance, generally Left or Right?
Yup. If it is easy for you to remember that way when bridging then amp 1 bridged = left and amp 2 bridged = right. Be sure to feed each "amp" the correct left and right front signal. You wont have front to rear fade but you should have left and right balance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Heathen

CarAudio.com Recruit
Heathen
Auckland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views