Central Region DFW USACI and DB Drag myspace

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI
Its a DB Drag Racing event. its 30.00 dollars for one class and 5.00 more if you want to run a 2nd class. I was told that some people like to do the burp class then a Bass Race class also.

I am lazy, when is the next show and where?

thanks

Stereo Sound

232 S Watson Rd

Arlington, TX 76010

March 15th, 2009

Start time is 10am. Fee is 30.00/w second class for 5.00 dollars.

Hey John,Sorry to hear you will not be attending our show. I guess sometimes you just got to make choices in life and that’s one right there. I thought that you would show up to get a crack at Mike from Team Crossfire. He is going to be showing up with his van. I thought it would give you a chance to go up against him one on one. Maybe you can make the next show. Good luck at the other show. Also just in case you decide to come out here is the address and link to the Nationally know DB Drag Racing web site.

Stereo Sound

232 S. Watson Rd.

Arlington, TX 76010

http://www.termpro.com/asp/officialevent.asp?EventID=10692
So is this a for sure show date well well well

(small rant for Mel) Please don't get all pissy about this rant, thats all it is!

Me as one of your new customers!

But,

Mel, I have to disagree with on this matter, please take this small insight with a open mind, as I don't intend to belittle you, but it seems you still have a little to learn about promoting shows. It would seem in your best interest to have as many ppl to compete in your new DB Drag events, so you won't have to turn in a poor attendance show results. If you really think its all about a choice between the shows, then your not trying to succeed for DB Drag for this area or your production company.

Is there a new group of guys competing that I don't know about?? If so, please put my mind to rest. I know I like to go to every show possible!!

Now, TBP has their dates up for awhile and you know that they have dates posted for the TBP shows.

Did you tell the owner of Stereo Sound that you had picked the same day as Curtis's TBP show, which was to be less than 10 minutes away from him at the same time??? Did he agree with you and think that would be a better idea for a bigger turn out? Did W.H. of DB Drag think so too, to have a show, the same day as other Org, ten minutes away? How does this make possible new customers to buy their products or service?(shop owner or WH) Are there that many DB Drag guys in DFW area, that the regulars at TBP aren't needed for a good show attendance? I'm surprised at this, to say the least.

Mel you are the one that had the choice of show dates for owner of that shop.

This has nothing to do about anyone else choice, mine or any of the other ppl here in the area. There is good number of us that would have liked to come to your show.

Besides Mike, who else is coming?? Some of the USACI guys to the DB Drag event?? The TBP guys would have been your best bet! Sorry, if this seems a little harsh but it seems that if you want to being successful at this kind of business you should do a little better at planning these events out. I would gone for Saturday on the hopes that the local players would have spent their money on the first of the two shows for the same weekend. Just a thought!

Hope I didn't hurt your feelins! That is not my intent!

Rant over!!

Ohh I forgot!! Does one have to become a member with yearly dues for DB Drag with ID card and all??

John,

Please put you mind at rest. You and I know that DB Drag is new to the area. I will admit that there are far more people who may attend the other event. I understand completely. That’s a choice some will make. There will be other events to attend. Now I am sorry I don’t own my own organization so I can hold an event every weekend. I try and hold small events that are welcomed to everyone and where the rules are in stone from the start. I offer two nationally recognized sanctioned bodies that have a well represented format and where it’s not a person vs. wallet type of show. I host events that will give everyone a fair chance to win with an actual world finals type of event at the end of the year. It’s all about having fun and having a place to play. My organization skills are fine, so you can rest your mind because I usually have things in the right order. Like I said, if you don’t have the time to show up, it’s ok. I will have another event down the road where your schedule may not be affected. Good luck to you and I hope to see you at our events. Why not try asking the owner of the other org to move his event to Saturday? Tell him you want to compete in both. See what he says?

John,Please put you mind at rest. You and I know that DB Drag is new to the area. I will admit that there are far more people who may attend the other event. I understand completely. That’s a choice some will make. There will be other events to attend. Now I am sorry I don’t own my own organization so I can hold an event every weekend. I try and hold small events that are welcomed to everyone and where the rules are in stone from the start. I offer two nationally recognized sanctioned bodies that have a well represented format and where it’s not a person vs. wallet type of show. I host events that will give everyone a fair chance to win with an actual world finals type of event at the end of the year. It’s all about having fun and having a place to play. My organization skills are fine, so you can rest your mind because I usually have things in the right order. Like I said, if you don’t have the time to show up, it’s ok. I will have another event down the road where your schedule may not be affected. Good luck to you and I hope to see you at our events. Why not try asking the owner of the other org to move his event to Saturday? Tell him you want to compete in both. See what he says?
I here you have four show dates for stereo sound what are the other dates

Mel again you did not answer my questions!! (proud owner of post 69)

Where and when is it a good business practice of any director of any org. to post conflicting shows so close together and hope for the best? Why would you want ppl to make a choice between the two shows? As much as you competed in TBP last year, you know the schedules for shows are all posted before the season even starts!!! Again Mel does the owner of the shop know? Does W.H. of DB Drag know about you doing this? I personally think that you if were given the power of two national orgs for our area and you are fudging it up for us in the DFW metroplex!! If you fail, they fail for the DFW area and that is not cool in my book!! Why again, would you want ppl to decide between coming to a show versus choosing between two different orgs. It just poor judgment on your part MEL to plan this show date with the owner of Stereo Sound without telling him about the TBP show less than ten minutes away @ Hooters!! You are the director of the DB Drag shows for our area and if we the customers have any problems, we let you know about them and if that falls on deaf ears, then we have to contact the head office in Austin and tell Mr. Harris our concerns!!

Now you brushed off answering most of my questions, so please tell us, so we can understand!! Is it the national orgs don't care about the little orgs show dates?? Do you have a personal addenda against the TBP org. for the way they treated you and your team last year?

This is not the way to start off the first season for DB Drag in our area! If you fail here, so does DB Drag!! Then we won't have any extra show to go to!!

Mel who are ppl you are thinking are going to come to this show if not the locals??

Do they have to join DB Drag as a member and pay dues??

You say you understand the conflicting shows will have a toll on attendance and see it as acceptable loss of customers for THEM choosing the other lil org!! Why???

You say you hold small events, you think this might be why your shows are small??

You think that the lil org holds shows that are "not a person vs. wallet type of show"? What???

It’s all about having fun and having a place to play, huh?? Well I see it as a business for both your boss and your sponsor customer, it is them that are affected most by your conflicting show dates! Now your organization skills are in under question and "are not fine"!

There are every other Sunday weekend and almost every Saturday from here to the end of the year open for shows. Too many for this to happen.

The local org has it show dates set before the season starts, it your job to make sure as director that no other shows will conflict your shows and hurt the national orgs or the sponsor chance of having a good show!!

Mel you need to please address these issues and questions. Mainly why you would set conflicting shows, which you just set only a couple weeks ago!

John,

I don’t mean to sound as you say brushing you off. I have no agenda accept for setting up a show date for you to come and enjoy. The person who is paying for the show knows what is going on. If you can’t make it, I understand. You can call me or W.H. or anyone you feel to so you can get your point across or to make me fail. You can join up at the db drag web-site for membership at anytime. Sorry if it conflicts with another show you want to attend, there will be others. Good luck to you at the events.

Again Mel you don't answer my questions to you.

I'm not trying to make you fail, only you can do that!

Can you please try and answer some of my questions that I have asked of you?

I don't want you to "fail" that is the whole point of my posts!!

John,If you have any questions, you have my number to call me.
I have questions!! I just asked them!!

Why not post answers so everyone will know??

These questions are for ALL of US in the DFW area, I'm sure everyone wants to know not just me!!

Please don't downplay this as just me wanting to know!

We all want to know!

You as our director for both orgs, this needs to be public knowledge!!

You can call me if you like. You have my number.

I have questions!! I just asked them!!

Why not post answers so everyone will know??

These questions are for ALL of US in the DFW area, I'm sure everyone wants to know not just me!!

Please don't downplay this as just me wanting to know!

We all want to know!

You as our director for both orgs, this needs to be public knowledge!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.