Design Questions for 10" Fi SSD Neo in 1 Cubic Ft @ 35 Hz Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participants list

slow86

CarAudio.com Newbie
Vehicle: 2013 Scion FRS

Location in the vehicle: behind driver seat (resting on folded down rear seat), sub back/port side

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 13.5” x 24” x 15.5” (exterior measurements, 2x front baffle)

Subwoofer make and model, Subwoofer Size, number of Subwoofers: 1x Fi SSD Neo 10” w/ xmax coil and stiff suspension

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot

What type of music do you like?: Rap (80%), rock (20%)

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday

Tuning Freq (Hz): 35 hz

Volume: ~1.05ft^3

Questions:

1) Fi told me 25-30in^2 of port area for the enclosure- but I got input that I should be in the 14-16” range. The above measurements are using 24.5in^2 of port. How much port area should I use?
2)
I calculated a port length (Lv) of 45.5” long for the box to have a tuning of 35.5hz- does that seem correct?
3) Any additional input you guys have before I build this thing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.