Space available (Width x Depth x Height): 26" x 14" x 16"

Subwoofer make and model: Alpine SWR-12D2

Subwoofer Size: 12"

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot

What type of music do you like?: Electronic, modern and classic rock

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday

Tuning Freq (Hz): 33 Hz

Volume: I'm looking for suggestions, as many have indicated that the newest generation Type-R sound best when they have ~2 cubes net (more than Alpine suggests)

Questions: Wanted to know if there is any truth to upward-facing subs & rear-facing port producing more DB than any other configuration.

I'm trying to get a feel for the thought process that you guys use when determining the internal volume - and if it differs from the manufacturer's recommendations, why?

There is a good chance that I will not have the tools, know-how, or patience to design or construct a professional-quality enclosure, I might request a quote from someone willing to build it and ship it to me in Michigan. But first I want to have some discussion about internal net volume and positioning of subs/ports on the box.

Any and all insights are appreciated, I value all of your expertise.

I actually have a box for my type r 12 that I may be willing to sell. Custom by me, at 33hz and the ports are easily adjustable to whatever hz you want. Its about 3 cubes gross but after port displacement its down to about 2.5. It sounds good let me know if you're interested.

Edit:shoot just realized my length is 35 and thats out of your dimensions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.