design help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

vinylavenger
10+ year member

im looking to build a box for 6 15" re xxx. its either going in an envoy or a trail blazer, but i want subs up, port back. i think right around 25 cubes, but im not sure about that, or port size. i would like to tune it to about 30hz, but would also like to be able to change out the port to something higher for when i go to a comp. i like the idea of having another baffle on top of the speakers for the flush look.

any ideas or input would be great. im open to suggestions as this is a loose idea right now.

port size (not sure how to figure out slot ports), what would be sufficient for bracing, is this even a big enough box or is it too big. ive never done anything of this scale before, biggest ive done is 2 15's. so i dont know if theres something im forgeting to think about, or what.

it figure out port size you need exact box size and dimensions. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif you also need displacement.

25 cubes after all displacment for 6 is good. This yields 4.16ft^3 each. Do you plan on building one chamber or multiple. Your going to need around 200+ square inches of port area for all 6.

Do you have the power covered? Or do you need suggestions with that also?

i have 2 xx colossus right now, and am looking for a third one, i plan on doing the big 3 and alternator upgrade, as well as betteries. but what i was looking for is just that. what are the advantages of are there to common chamber or whatever. also, im not sure how the 200+ inches of port space would be laid out. what would be the suggestion on that(and im sure its all install dependant, but just the basics i guess)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.