Deepest Door

slim j
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ca.com
Everytime I try to buy a vehicle, the window track is right behind where the speaker would go. I am looking for vehicles that allow for depth of 3". I have no issue adding a mdf ring, but I don't want to cut into the door panel.

Trucks or cars fine....not really into SUVs.

wow worst decision ever

dont buy a car based on what size speaker opening/depth you have

you can always add mdf spacers

so if an 87 caprice was the only thing with 3" or more depth youd buy it over a newer car?

wow worst decision ever
dont buy a car based on what size speaker opening/depth you have

you can always add mdf spacers

so if an 87 caprice was the only thing with 3" or more depth youd buy it over a newer car?
i would agree unless he is just buying a car solely for audio, and he has others that he daily drives or whatever.

It's funny how you'll go as far as to choose a car using car audio as a factor... BUT you won't go as far as cutting door panels...

That's like half-ass hardcore

I could see how this could be a componet in the overall decision making process.
Part... but a small part.

More important things are comfortableness, how smooth it drives, etc.

You can always get it to sound good later for a lot cheaper than it'd take to get the things listed above done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.