Deciding on subs for 600w

I found an old Phoenix Gold Octane R series 8:0:1 amp in my basement and I think I'm going to help my buddy install it in his car. Need a little advice on what route to go. I'm thinking two 12s or one nice 12. Was looking on REaudio's website for some ideas. I'm trying to avoid going to mainstream to get a better sounding setup for the car.

Any suggestions for a single 12 or good couple? Was looking at the SRX, ***, SR Pro, or the SE Pro.

I haven't talked to him about what range he wants it, lower, or higher end bass. I just know he wants SQ and to still push a little air.

I made a post about a month ago explaining I've been out of the loop for a few years, so I'm not sure what company to go with as far as low end builds, mid, and high end builds.

Appreciate any help.

I found an old Phoenix Gold Octane R series 8:0:1 amp in my basement and I think I'm going to help my buddy install it in his car. Need a little advice on what route to go. I'm thinking two 12s or one nice 12. Was looking on REaudio's website for some ideas. I'm trying to avoid going to mainstream to get a better sounding setup for the car.
Any suggestions for a single 12 or good couple? Was looking at the SRX, ***, SR Pro, or the SE Pro.

I haven't talked to him about what range he wants it, lower, or higher end bass. I just know he wants SQ and to still push a little air.

I made a post about a month ago explaining I've been out of the loop for a few years, so I'm not sure what company to go with as far as low end builds, mid, and high end builds.

Appreciate any help.
well new re stuff. isnt great at all they were bought out and the new stuff just doesnt hold a candle to the older re products..need to figure out a budget so ppl can help suggest

I had a single mtx 9512 in 04-05 and enjoyed it, not the greatest SQ but wasn't bad. Any lower end mtx subs recommended? Alpine?

What are some good non mainstream companies? seeing a lot of sundown audio in the classifieds, are they the latest caraudio sensation subs? Back a while ago it was the alpine type r, my friend had one 12 when i had the 9512 but didn't think it was all what the hype was about.

i wouldnt suggest any mtx subs at all ...theres lots of good drivers out there for that range..and the new type rs are alot better ...but id look at the sundown sa12 fi ssd and ssa gcon is a good start

pretty sure they are 1000rms and can take quite a bit more
Not as much as you'd think. A IDMAX would do fine off of 600 watts. Get too much over RMS and you can run into coil rub pretty easily, they have a very tight gap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.