6.5 inch subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

winkychevelle
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Well I was diggjng around the file cabinet the other day and found a design for 4 kicker 6.5subs and then another for 4 jl 6w3s. The design was an isobaric 4th order which if memory serves correct both designs sounded fantastic for only being 4 6.5s and roughly 1 cube in size.

so reviving the idea with the knowledge I have gained since long ago I want to try this design in my car so I can tune it an see if its viable as a sound quality sub box. The pass band doesnt really need to be huge since my mids will be crossed at 50-60hz

so whats really out there now that could be consider sq as far as 6.5s

I know the

hat imagine 6.5

exodus anarchy

tangbang w6

silverflutes

jl 6w3

but other option I can think of arent sq

sundowns new toy

dd's sw6.5

any suggestions really ill try a sub even if It doesnt spec out right so all suggestions are welcome

I'm waiting on my anarchy but I know someone who had them play down to 25hz so should do find used as a sub.
They are on the want to try list but are sold out and I need to find 6 of them 4 for the box and 2 for the doors. The silverflutes are prolly gonna get tried first because of price.

the box will be tuned to play 25-60hz or close to it hopefully I can get a little wider passband and reach up to about 70hz but I doubt it

in a side note a 2 or 3inch mid may work better with the anarchys than most tweeters. The stage 4 2.5inch mids from pioneer work fantastic with the anarchys and can be found for a decent price

Yea I want to get a pair for my doors and maybe 4 more for subs.

Im prolly gonna use a jl hd900/5 for amping so I should be able to throw 125w each to what ever I get

The Tang-Bang 6.5" Neo is really an incredible value. I used to run them as Mid-Bass back in the early 2000s ; simply ran them with no HPF at all and they got nasty. Very open clearance on them, very rugged, good sound, and price is excellent.

The Tang-Bang 6.5" Neo is really an incredible value. I used to run them as Mid-Bass back in the early 2000s ; simply ran them with no HPF at all and they got nasty. Very open clearance on them, very rugged, good sound, and price is excellent.
Thats nice to know neo means lighter box which this being a 1cube birch box itll already be light

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.