Decent 6.5" Passive Component Set?

Or maybe your signature too.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Nothing is wrong with his signature or user name setup he doesnt need to alter anything just for a stupid app. Just tapatalk is garbage lol I actually go on a web browser and log onto the site instead when i'm on mobile. Tapatalk hides almost everything important. I'd recommend not using it at all.

This is what it looks like below... i doubt you'll be able to see the image i link with that app anyways but who knows.

2Mp91c.jpg

Nothing is wrong with his signature or user name setup he doesnt need to alter anything just for a stupid app. Just tapatalk is garbage lol I actually go on a web browser and log onto the site instead when i'm on mobile. Tapatalk hides almost everything important. I'd recommend not using it at all.

This is what it looks like below... i doubt you'll be able to see the image i link with that app anyways but who knows.

2Mp91c.jpg
I can see the image and I've seen it from the desktop before also. However since my login is done through Tapatalk and I'm always on the go, I don't have time to log in to the desktop version. I'm not saying he should change anything, nor am I praising or condoning Tapatalk... just suggesting that if he wants to identify himself to others or expand his reach to other users then that's available to him. A lot of people use Tapatalk whether it's good or not. It's convenient and works for me, I'm sure I'm not the only one

OP I've heard the Ampere Audio 6.5c's an was real pleased with what I've heard if you look around you can get them for $239
Thanks! I can take a look and see where I can find it for that price.. I'll look more into those as well

I'm considering replacing the speakers coming off the factory head unit and don't have any external crossover yet so wanted to know what a reasonably priced passive component set would be.. 200-250ish range? Budget is loose.
They are NOT cheap, but I'm really loving my PHD 5.25" comps! I think they have something that would more fit your size requirements too! And my 5.25"ers are sweet! Separate 1" tweeters on Baby II's A-pillars too!

John Kuthe,,,

I can see the image and I've seen it from the desktop before also. However since my login is done through Tapatalk and I'm always on the go, I don't have time to log in to the desktop version. I'm not saying he should change anything, nor am I praising or condoning Tapatalk... just suggesting that if he wants to identify himself to others or expand his reach to other users then that's available to him. A lot of people use Tapatalk whether it's good or not. It's convenient and works for me, I'm sure I'm not the only one
i'm always logged on the desktop version on the browser, its every bit as easy as tapatalk without the BS that comes with it.

What amp are you using? Does it have a bandpass crossover? If I'd does why would you limit yourself to a passive set. You can do raw drivers and blow away any comparablly prices comp set.

What amp are you using? Does it have a bandpass crossover? If I'd does why would you limit yourself to a passive set. You can do raw drivers and blow away any comparablly prices comp set.
Planet Audio 1800.5. I'm not sure if it has one or not, I'm driving at the moment and not daring enough to check //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Planet Audio 1800.5. I'm not sure if it has one or not, I'm driving at the moment and not daring enough to check //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Just checked and it doesn't look like it does. You're stuck running a passive set unfortunately unless you set up to a DSP.

A solid budget set of passive Comps is the JBL p660c. A great value for the price.

Just checked and it doesn't look like it does. You're stuck running a passive set unfortunately unless you set up to a DSP.
A solid budget set of passive Comps is the JBL p660c. A great value for the price.
Thank you! I've been hearing that a lot actually about that particular model number. I'm running 6x9s in the rear also... should I upgrade those to a component set also and find somewhere to mount the tweeters?

Would one potentially be better thsn the other? Between leaving 6x9s in or replacing them with a component set...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.