Decent 2Ch Amp for $100

naiku
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Virginia
I don't have much experience with amplifiers apart from an old Sony one I used to have, but am now looking for a reasonable 2 channel amp for around $100.

The thing is, there are dozens of them around, and having no experience with them I don't know which ones are all that reliable. I want something with at least 50 x 2 RMS @ 4ohms (they will be pushing either some Infinity or Alpine 5x7 components).

Thanks.

unfortunately, pe seems to be out of the rpm2300's already (good thing i got a couple while they still had stock). in any case, sounds like what you're after is the aura rpm2150. link here:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=269-160
werd, i'm glad I got my pair as well, but You might as well get a 4 channel and bridge em to give ya more power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

good amp for the money, i got the ap1200 for my type r and it sounds great
Cool...... I am thinking of getting the 4ch AP740 (mattmcss got me thinking on getting a 4 channel) that way I can either upgrade and amp my rear speakers (or even amp the stock rear speakers temporarily) or use 2 channels bridged to run a sub at some point.

Any opinions on the AP740? Crutchfield have a few reviews, most people are pleased with the amp but report that it is very susceptible to noise (alt whine, windows going up/down causing a whine) is this a problem with the amp, or more likely to be a poor install?

if you're going to go 4-ch, why not look into the aura rpm4200? now would be a great time to get in on it before partsexpress.com runs out.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=269-164
One Aura RMP4200 on the way to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif Hopefully it will arrive by Tuesday, then I have to wait for speakers to arrive, and then next weekend get to rip the interior of the truck apart and fit it all.

Thanks for the recommendations. Looks like a good deal on the Aura $99 at Partsexpress, MSRP = $349 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.