debating on subs for upgrade

joselr3668
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
miami
Ok as in my sig I have 2 re mx 12's powered by an md3d each. I was looking on upgrading to some FI subs or maybe some sundowns. what are your thought would it be much of an upgrade or what it not be worth the change. In other words if I changes subs to maybe something more efficient would I notice a differences in output plus sound quality?

The MX is a really high quality sub. Unless you want to play fartbox I wouldn't bother looking elsewhere, and if you want to just get loud for the sake of getting loud I wouldn't really be looking into Fi, go really big like IA Warden, Shocker Sig, DD Z (or at least 95XX), DC LV6, TRF, TSNS.

with FI I was looking at the Q12 or BL12 and with sundown I was looking at Z v.3 12.i Just read alot and saw alot on how in the mx subs lack in Efficiency - SPL 1W/1m: 83.5 dB SP

but if I go the rout for mayhem's they are 2500rms I am a little under that would it be a problem? when I get my alt I should be around 2000 to 2200 rms on each . If I had the room for a bunch of batts I would buy them dual 1 and run the hell out of them but I have no more space lol. only thing I am missing is my HO alt that I plan on getting before any other upgrades then some better subs. again the mx isn't bad I just hit nicer and better with other subs in the past.

Stick with MX's, I loved those subs when my friend had them. Was very envious. Plus they're shmexy.

I dont think you'd notice a difference anyways.

lol I just found why I wasnt happy. My mx speakers are leaking around the basket were it meats the box just ordered a roll of the gasket tape from parts-express to redo the seals sense these are not in such great shape maybe that will make me happy.

on the tape issue I wish they sold 3/4" gasket tape for these speakers only could find 1/2"
Razor blade will take care of that.

lol I just found why I wasnt happy. My mx speakers are leaking around the basket were it meats the box just ordered a roll of the gasket tape from parts-express to redo the seals sense these are not in such great shape maybe that will make me happy.
That will make a huge difference! Glad you found it, happened to me once I was wondering why they were bottoming out so easily low and behold.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.