deal gone bad with memphis4L **Read last 3 pages before making decision**

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sub will be BNIB.... or NIB.... you know, how you sent it to him.

One would think that if you are buying a BNIB item, it would match other BNIB subs from the same mfg.

Jesus Memphis, you are fail on so many levels.

Mark you on the not to deal list. You are very shady.

Send the money back, so he can send the sub back and bingo, bango.

Tis a shame. You won't sell **** on here again if you don't make this right.

ok thanks

i already stated to him the money that i got for that sub went to a family members hospital bill.
Well in that case I guess that makes him the guilty party. I mean what kind of an a$$ hole would want a refund after you so generously spent it on a family members hospital bill.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

you listed the driver as D2 voice coil configuration. if he puts a DMM to the driver and it reads anything other than that, seller is at fault. just becasue you never bothered to check, doesnt mean buyer is responsible. its not like he could have checked it until you already had the money and shipped it out.

and bringing in the hospital nonsense is pure shady IMO. nobody cares waht you spent it on. bringing up hospital bills is just like looking for people to feel bad and side with you. that shits uncalled for.

you listed the driver as D2 voice coil configuration. if he puts a DMM to the driver and it reads anything other than that, seller is at fault. just becasue you never bothered to check, doesnt mean buyer is responsible. its not like he could have checked it until you already had the money and shipped it out.
and bringing in the hospital nonsense is pure shady IMO. nobody cares waht you spent it on. bringing up hospital bills is just like looking for people to feel bad and side with you. that shits uncalled for.
when he got mine it read on a DMM at 2.03 and the other one he bought on ebay was a dual 2 also and read 2.35. how am i at fault.

X2. This guy is an idiot. I cant believe someone doesnt understand the difference between bnib and something that was made by david. I own two MT's from dave and they are great. I would go to him for anything that needs a recone ect. but the buyer was looking for a bnib woofer. YOU DIDNT SELL HIM ONE, plain and simple. Get it through your head and quit being a *** about this.

when he got mine it read on a DMM at 2.03 and the other one he bought on ebay was a dual 2 also and read 2.35. how am i at fault.
ok, obviously your not at fault for that. alls i said is it should read exactly as you said it would in the original posting.
*edit*

the fact that the sub wasnt BNIB from manufacturer is what is causing the buyer a problem. if you would have listed the driver was built by another party, thus potentially having different TS parameters than specified by manufacturer, you wouldn't be in this predicament.

*edit 2*

2.35 is kinda high for a D2 VC config. driver, isnt it? buyer might wanna check that again on the driver he purchased off ebay.

that top part is not true at all

lots of companies sell subs that are listed as d1 and read as d.7

and d2 that read as d1.4 on the coils....

that top part is not true at all
lots of companies sell subs that are listed as d1 and read as d.7

and d2 that read as d1.4 on the coils....
i understand that. i meant more along the lines of it reading say 1.2 for example when it should be reading 2.0.

how do you not understand where im going with that? obviously there may or may not be small differences in the ohm reading. im talking more along the lines of a coil reading 1 ohm when it was sold as a 2 ohm.

i think they will work fine together. i've run one dual 4 and a dual 2 for a week or so without problems... thats a much bigger difference than dual 2.03 and dual 2.35.... i'd say its close enough.

im not sending money to him before he ships the sub out. who knows what condition it will be in when i get it. i already stated to him the money that i got for that sub went to a family members hospital bill. you could sit here all day and say well it wasn't new and wasn't in a manufactuers box. but it was described correctly and he knew what he was buying. it was built new. and then he tries to act like he didnt know why the plastic was ripped. if you look clearly in the photos it shows it out of the plastic so i could take pics. the whole thing started because the resistance on the v/c is off. why would i have known that. he didnt say he was needing to match it up.
If he shops the sub, and pays for it, and it is in sold condion. will you reimburse him for shipping costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

skittlesRgood

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
skittlesRgood
fremont, ca
Start date
Participants