deal gone bad with memphis4L **Read last 3 pages before making decision**

Status
Not open for further replies.
either way, your sub is still the same as long as the voice coils are of the same impedance.. if the sub was reconed by david it's still an RE SX.. david works for RE and builds these subs so pretty sure that the quality of the sub is the same as the one in the manufactures box.. or the one that david reconed may be better than the one in the manufacters box.

all in all, you should ask for a payback/discount/refund of some sort being that the sub was different than described.

Shady business practices. If it is a recone, say it is a recone. As far as the taking too long to ship, that's just the norm. I figure some people are that broke they need the money from the actual sale to cover shipping.

either way, your sub is still the same as long as the voice coils are of the same impedance.. if the sub was reconed by david it's still an RE SX.. david works for RE and builds these subs so pretty sure that the quality of the sub is the same as the one in the manufactures box.. or the one that david reconed may be better than the one in the manufacters box.all in all, you should ask for a payback/discount/refund of some sort being that the sub was different than described.
They have different coils, they will not perform the same, even if they both say SX on the dustcap.
And, he indicated in another thread that the impedances are off by almost a half ohm.

That ***** man you should get a full refund and pay no shipping charges at all due to the fact it was not what he said it was.. Anyone even moron King Ranch would know a 'new in box' is not the same as a 'reconed' speaker

yep, differant ohm rating. the one memphis sent me doesnt say SX on the cone.

the reason for contacting teampsi is to see if i can trade him this sub for a regular one. he isnt being blamed for anything. not trying to drag him into this. he just might be a solution.

yep, differant ohm rating. the one memphis sent me doesnt say SX on the cone.
the reason for contacting teampsi is to see if i can trade him this sub for a regular one. he isnt being blamed for anything. not trying to drag him into this. he just might be a solution.
The newer, Chinese made RE subs have the model number on the cone. If it doesn't have it, its the older American made model.

i find this kinda interestesting. i don't know if anyone has seen this.

the original FS thread.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349277

he has both the SE and the sub that was reconed from Dave in there. the one dave re-coned was a sub i traded him. wonder what the chances of him sending out the wrong sub are. OP, seeing how your still on, whats the chances of you sending me a pic. i'll tell you if it's my old sub, or if it's a differnt one. if it's my old sub, then he sent you the wrong one to begin with, and you should get a full refund on it.

If the item is not as decribed, you should be entitled to a full refund, as long as you pay for shipping of the item back.

i find this kinda interestesting. i don't know if anyone has seen this.
the original FS thread.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349277

he has both the SE and the sub that was reconed from Dave in there. the one dave re-coned was a sub i traded him. wonder what the chances of him sending out the wrong sub are. OP, seeing how your still on, whats the chances of you sending me a pic. i'll tell you if it's my old sub, or if it's a differnt one. if it's my old sub, then he sent you the wrong one to begin with, and you should get a full refund on it.
the sub that you traded is not the SX that memphis had btw

If the item is not as decribed, you should be entitled to a full refund, as long as you pay for shipping of the item back.
He should not be out any money because of this. Seller covers shipping because of failure to properly describe item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

skittlesRgood

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
skittlesRgood
fremont, ca
Start date
Participants