deal gone bad with memphis4L **Read last 3 pages before making decision**

Status
Not open for further replies.
item was described correctly. team psi cut me a deal on an sx and built it for me. doesn't mean it was reconed. as far as i know its a new motor. but either way it has new soft parts. thats why i put NIB. i never powered it once. and he never ask if it was in a manufactuers box. and its not my fault that the resistance is lower, how would i have known. i dont think i should have to give a refund. and then he wants me to pay for shipping back.

item was described correctly. team psi cut me a deal on an sx and built it for me. doesn't mean it was reconed. as far as i know its a new motor. but either way it has new soft parts. thats why i put NIB. i never powered it once. and he never ask if it was in a manufactuers box. and its not my fault that the resistance is lower, how would i have known. i dont think i should have to give a refund. and then he wants me to pay for shipping back.
I kinda see your point, however....

Did you specifically state that the sub was custom made by David? If so, thats buyer beware as far as matching up with another one goes. If not, then you are on the hook.

A sub built by David does not make it an RE production SX.

I kinda see your point, however....
Did you specifically state that the sub was custom made by David? If so, thats buyer beware as far as matching up with another one goes. If not, then you are on the hook.

A sub built by David does not make it an RE production SX.
but it wasn't custom made. i asked for an sx12. nothing more nothing less. id be more worried about the one on ebay. then one built by david.

from looking at your FS thread it was not as described

you stated very clearly BNIB not NIB (shown in your fs thread)

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349277

BNIB would mean that it should be in manufactures box unless the box was damaged and you changed boxes for shipping

you should have to give a refund you sold something other than described

you should also be responsible for shipping costs

ill use a quote from your post

the buyer had no way of knowing you were selling something other than described. not his fault

[/b]
from looking at your FS thread it was not as described

you stated very clearly BNIB not NIB (shown in your fs thread)

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349277

BNIB would mean that it should be in manufactures box unless the box was damaged and you changed boxes for shipping

you should have to give a refund you sold something other than described

you should also be responsible for shipping costs

ill use a quote from your post

the buyer had no way of knowing you were selling something other than described. not his fault
he never asked if it was in a manufactuers box. all he asked in the first pm was if it was NIB. and thats what he got a NIB SX12. ive got way more refs and for all i know he's trying to scam me. he wants me to send money and then he'll send the sub. sry. not gonna do that.

full refund and seller pays shipping as you did NOT sell him a BNIB SX that will match up with another SX.

You should have described it as a reconed sub and stated the impedence of the VC's. Live and learn...

he never asked if it was in a manufactuers box. all he asked in the first pm was if it was NIB. and thats what he got a NIB SX12. ive got way more refs and for all i know he's trying to scam me. he wants me to send money and then he'll send the sub. sry. not gonna do that.
i dont know of anyone, retailer or private seller that would give a refund before the product was shipped.

but thats just me.

i dont know either of you but what you just said is EXACTLY what he did

he sent you $ first for the sub expecting a BNIB as described woofer

now you are in the position to make the deal right

you are just buying your sub back from him now pretty much

refs dont mean much of anything when it comes to shady selling, shipping, or even buying

every time theres a deal that isnt done in person both people are rolling the dice hoping they dont get fucked

right now as it stands the buyer didnt get what you said he was paying for

He thought he was purchasing a BNIB SX, not NIB... since you seem to think there is a difference.
In a situation like this, when someone keeps answering with "he never asked" then that certainly indicates information was withheld. At what point do you feel it is the seller's responsibility to put forth information willingly?

You are jeopardizing all those good references with this situation. I dont believe you intentionally mislead the buyer, but I also think you didn't provide ALL the info BEFORE the sale and are now looking for excuses why this unfortunate situation is not your fault.

as seller it is up to you to know about the product you are selling since the buyer has no way to check theirselves. The sub shoulda been checked with a dmm and and stated. as said above to keep all your ref.'s good you should make a full refund and pay shipping. people will look at this and say hey he takes care of his mistakes and be more likely to deal with you over someone else down the road.

im not sending money to him before he ships the sub out. who knows what condition it will be in when i get it. i already stated to him the money that i got for that sub went to a family members hospital bill. you could sit here all day and say well it wasn't new and wasn't in a manufactuers box. but it was described correctly and he knew what he was buying. it was built new. and then he tries to act like he didnt know why the plastic was ripped. if you look clearly in the photos it shows it out of the plastic so i could take pics. the whole thing started because the resistance on the v/c is off. why would i have known that. he didnt say he was needing to match it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

skittlesRgood

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
skittlesRgood
fremont, ca
Start date
Participants