deal gone bad with memphis4L **Read last 3 pages before making decision**

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think ill be buying off the forums much anymore. maybe just wire and other small stuff. MAYBE.
... anyone want to buy a BNIB SX???

kinda new in a regular cardboard box
what-you-did-there-i-see-itthumbnai.jpg

What size is the sub?

anyways, this is how I feel memphis4l is acting

02c9e179.gif

lol sorry but he said no. he made an offer where i would lose $95 and that was just wonderful to him but him losing $50 to you is just crazy talk!
i dont get it. if he refunds my money and i pay to ship it then we are both out the same amount of money. thats freaking even rite??? still offering me less.
Let me get this right...

You offered to ship it back,,,,ON YOUR DIME,,,, and he still says no?

WOW, no better than a scammer in my book. Make it right and everything goes back to normal memphis.

Whats up with all the memphis names scamming?

ooo that one on the right is SEXI that's an IDQv3 isn't it? lol
yep, 12" IDQv3. got 2 for sale if you want to "sex" them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

come on you know you want a 4 some

This thread really exists?

Ive never really had to chime in about something like this, so dont take it as an attack. I want this cleared up now though. Memphis hasnt asked me or said anything about the situation. Im here because I happened to see the thread while looking up my own feedback threads.

Didnt we speak about this? Memphis did NOT send you anything other than a BNIB SX. I explained to you about the voice coils, wire impedance and length, assembly tolerances, different revisions of coils, etc.

Why didnt you explain the coil difference in the first post? They are both D2 coils. One is just 00.125" longer than the other.

The fact of the matter is... RE has had a couple of different revision of the D2 coil for the SX over the years. You happened to end up with 1 of each. They have been built and sold to thousands of people with no one ever having an issue, as you wont. The impedance difference is no more than 0.33 ohms per coil fron one coil revision to the next. They will work absolutely fine together, no matter what you've been told.

I guess what you're not getting here is that BOTH of those are BNIB RE SX subwoofers. Both have OEM RE AUDIO VOICE COILS. They share the same exact part number an all.

As for the sub coming in a cardboard box... so what? Every RE audio sub ever made was in a brown cardboard box up until US amps bought the place and moved everything to China. The sub you got from Memphis is actually the better of the two. Keep it and sell the Chinese POS back on Ebay if you must part with one or the other. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You need to realize that Memphis didnt do anything out of the way by selling you that subwoofer as a BNIB RE SX 12" D2. Thats EXACTLY what is it.

If I were him, I wouldnt want to send any $ back either. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I understand "the customer is always right", but cmon. He did exactly what he was supposed to in the deal, and ended up with some guy flipping out on him.... and putting his name in his sig as a scammer in BIG RED LETTERS. Screw that.

As for the sub coming in a cardboard box... so what? Every RE audio sub ever made was in a brown cardboard box up until US amps bought the place and moved everything to China.
Not that I want to get into the middle of this, but the xxx's I bought from you/RE back in '05 did not come in cardboard boxes, they came in wooden crates.

Not that I want to get into the middle of this, but the xxx's I bought from you/RE back in '05 did not come in cardboard boxes, they came in wooden crates.
Because they weigh 70lbs. We/I/RE had to put them in wooden crates to keep them from being demolished. They were also encased in a sturdy BROWN CARDBOARD BOX, were they not?

SX's were ALWAYS sent straight from RE in a brown box with a smaller box, cut in half, and glued to the bottom to keep the sub from moving around. Foam pieces were then added, and the box was taped up!Thats how they ALL came until they were moved to China.

Because they weigh 70lbs. We/I/RE had to put them in wooden crates to keep them from being demolished. They were also encased in a sturdy BROWN CARDBOARD BOX, were they not?
Of course they were encased in a cardboard box, that wasn't the point. The point, as was the discussion at hand here, was whether or not they came in ONLY a cardboard box, as shown in the pics in this thread.
Again not trying to get in the middle of this, but your comment about all RE subs being shipped in that method was a bit misleading. Perhaps all SX's were shipped in that same manner (apparently).

Dude I like you... so stop splitting hairs here. You know what I meant, as does everyone else. I dont have time for that ****.

Im really trying to make sure that everyone here knows for a fact that Memphis did NOTHING wrong by selling and shipping that sub as a BNIB SX 12" D2!

Stop cluttering up this thred with useless arguments bro.

Edit: Im sorry... really not trying to be a dick to you bro. Im just aggrivated at the fact that this thread is even here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

skittlesRgood

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
skittlesRgood
fremont, ca
Start date
Participants