Deadener

Participant count
  • Participant list

PapaGeno21
10+ year member

Captain Questions
For anyone here who is considering getting sound deadener, and is not sure if its worth the time/cost/effort involved.

Do yourself the favor and install it.

I installed 4 layers on my roof, and 3 on my hatch today. The difference is insane, I cannot believe I waited this long to do it. The amount of bass I have gained is stupid.

Going to meter this week to see the difference.

I metered a 147.4 on music last week. I have my second 2.0 installed but its not currently hooked up (currently just the two 15's on the single 2.0 @ .5). I will be metering again this week to see the difference the deadener made. Then I will strap my amps and meter again to see what gain I grab off that.

Regardless if the gain is .2 or 2.0 I don't care. The amount of bass that is not escaping the car now is just silly. Best 120 bucks I have spent so far on this system. I grabbed a 120 dollar 40sq foot pack of AudioTechnix which comes in 1x2 foot panels. I still have 8 left so I am going to do my doors soon as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.