Deadener on plastic

i am not sure yet, b/c i have not installed my new speaks, just found it odd that my panels are made of heavy plastic, do u think deadener will even work on it? there are tons of grooves, i'll have pics tomorrow.

Hey Caleb, how have u been doing, how has build been going.

If the panel doesn't vibrate from bass then don't waste your money and time applying deadener to it. I've seen shops cut deadener into little pieces to put it into crevices on panels that have no need for deadener. Grooves, ribs and curves add stiffness to resist vibrations and resonances, at least that's the way I understand it.

would it help with keeping the heat out for the summer and outside noise though? i guess since i am not getting much rattle since my doors are mainly mids and highs i may not need to deaden, but i want to reduce noise.

would it help with keeping the heat out for the summer and outside noise though? i guess since i am not getting much rattle since my doors are mainly mids and highs i may not need to deaden, but i want to reduce noise.
No, that's something some brands advertise as benefits of their vibration damper but it's a very minor effect compared to other products. Welcome to Sound Deadener Showdown | Sound Deadener Showdown

No, that's something some brands advertise as benefits of their vibration damper but it's a very minor effect compared to other products. Welcome to Sound Deadener Showdown | Sound Deadener Showdown
I've learned this the hard way. 100% coverage is a waste. I did one door on my old car 100% coverage and the other with about 40% and I could not tell the difference at all. Sealing made the most difference as far as sound was concerned. If you want to keep noise out then look into mass loaded vinyl

i got some GTMat deadener but it will not stick to my plastic panels (mainly b/c the deadener is not very tacky, don't want to spend to much), which is so weird that Kia made the panels plastic, so i just deadened the inside of the doors, so i may try that MLV project once i can figure out how it works.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.