Deaden my trunk

EpicMango
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Colorado
I was at work on my break. So I decide to head to an empty parking lot and flex the system.

2 things. I rattle my exhaust. Something in my catalyst is broken and rattling.

2nd. I rattle from my trunk. I open the lid and it goes away. So.

I gotta use some deadener to just cover the lids metal portion. What deadener should I use and how much?

Audio Technix 60mil 25 feet. Cover the trunk and see if it stops. If not, do some more.
This. Except, don't use all 25sq ft haha. I did the 25% coverage rule on my trunk lid and rear deck lid and it was a night and day difference. Had plenty left over to do my doors as well, and I still have some left.

I just bought some of this stuff: Elemental Designs: Car Stereo, Home Speakers, Electronics
Best price you can find on 80mil thickness at $2/sq ft and you can get any amount you need, not a set amount like everywhere else.
It's been proven multiple times as one of the worst in the game :\ It's a shame too cus I love their amps. I hope their liquid deadener is better! Never heard a complaint from that end.

Well I refuse to buy the deadender offered on here cuz of all the stories floating around about the shady guy that sells it. So I guess I'll have to deal with edead. The reviews for it were great, I'm not too worried about it. I would rather give my money to an honest company, than someone with a poor and shady reputation.

And I dont use paypal and I need it here in a few days.

Hate all you want.

I do not condone bad reputations

I am also one of those kinds of people who boycott walmart.

below

me

sometimes it's just the trunk latch. if so, deadener won't help (other than weighing the lid down). press down on the trunk to see if the rattle goes away. if so, simply wrapping the latch loop with electrical tape can eliminate it (for a while, until the tape wears and you have to replace). you only need it where the latch contacts the loop. you will see wear marks. 2-3 layers is sufficient. too much and it won't unlatch!

Funny question/comment: sometimes after wanging very hard, and i go to open my trunk, its stuck closed. I have to pull extremely hard to get it open. Whys this?

sometimes it's just the trunk latch. if so, deadener won't help (other than weighing the lid down). press down on the trunk to see if the rattle goes away. if so, simply wrapping the latch loop with electrical tape can eliminate it (for a while, until the tape wears and you have to replace). you only need it where the latch contacts the loop. you will see wear marks. 2-3 layers is sufficient. too much and it won't unlatch!
This ^ I have 2 layers 3 in the center of the trunk lid and the popper button in the car no longer works, only the one on my keys does. Spray some wd-40 on the hinges also mine always start squeaking after a while. The previous 25% coverage rule stated above really only works well with smaller systems or sq builds. When you have larger systems the trunk will need full coverage for best results.

Well I refuse to buy the deadender offered on here cuz of all the stories floating around about the shady guy that sells it. So I guess I'll have to deal with edead. The reviews for it were great, I'm not too worried about it. I would rather give my money to an honest company, than someone with a poor and shady reputation.
And I dont use paypal and I need it here in a few days.

Hate all you want.

I do not condone bad reputations

I am also one of those kinds of people who boycott walmart.

below

me
Who are you referring to? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Who are you referring to? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Whoever the guy is that sells the sound deadening on here. People are always talking about how shady he is, but a few claim to have had good experiences. As soon as I hear of someone having a bad experience with any sort of transaction, they are automatically crossed off my list for life.

Whoever the guy is that sells the sound deadening on here. People are always talking about how shady he is, but a few claim to have had good experiences. As soon as I hear of someone having a bad experience with any sort of transaction, they are automatically crossed off my list for life.
Well, there is ANT from Second Skin(AlphaDamp) (no longer owns it) and Coleman from AudioTechnix. I've never heard anything bad about Coleman or AT as a company. So, I'm still confused. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.