Dead Pioneer Faceplate Display??

jhelmick

My son aquired a car from a family friend with a Pioneer DEH-P6700MP in dash unit, For some reason or another there is no working display on the faceplate, All the buttons are lit fine and they beep when pushed, Just no display.....or sound either. I suspect the faceplate is dead but who knows, is there anyone that has a schematic so I can test the faceplace pinouts to see if the unit may be the problem. Or any other recommendations short of buying a new faceplate or stero.

Thank You

i have the same problem with the pioneer unit in my truck, it comes on from time to time, usually more so in the summer. so i'd like to know how to fix this aswell.

most likely a bad ribbon cable...pioneer is bad about those going bad....
+2 on the ribbon cable....i had a kenwood with a flip around faceplate. After so many flips, the cable ribbon needed to be replaced. Once it was replace it worked fine. Problem is if you get a place to do it, they might charge you $70-$100, add another $100 and you could have a brand new unit.

It may be a non servicable resister embedded in the display itself. See the burn mark in the corner. Thats it.

Top right corner, Black burn mark on glass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.