DDX371 into 2007 Altima. 2 Questions on wire harness and antenna adapter

Participant count
  • Participant list

farmert3d

MA
Hello,

First I want to say thank you for answering questions. It helps to know I have a place to go where I will not be judged while I learn.

I have a 2007 Altima 2.5S with factory radio and manual climate controls.

I will be installing a Kenwood DDX371 once the weather warms up a little bit. It was 7 degrees this morning on my way to work. As its to cold to play outside I have been doing lots of research and gathering parts and tools to do the installation right.

Besides the included instructions for removing my factory stereo, I have searched for online videos on sites like Youtube. I've found a perfect video for removing the factory unit. Here

This video brings up my first concern. The video show the gentleman removing 3 harnesses from the back of the factory stereo. My new Kenwood and included wiring harness only has one connection. Metra 70-7552 Receiver Wire Harness For select 2007-up Infiniti, Nissan, Subaru, and Suzuki vehicles — adapts new car stereo to factory plug at Crutchfield.com

Will I just leave the remaining 2 harnesses from the factory stereo unattached and hanging there?

My other concern is with the antenna adapter. Here Metra 40-NI12 Antenna Adapter Works with select 2007-up Infiniti, Suzuki, and Nissan vehicles — Motorola male to factory OEM antenna female at Crutchfield.com

There is an added blue wire with the adapter. Crutchfield has this note "The adapter cable also features a blue wire which connects to your aftermarket radio's power-antenna/turn-on lead."

My Nissan does not have a power antenna. Do I just leave the Blue wire unattached?

One last question. I have to connect the new Head Unit black wire directly to ground and not through the wiring harness. I understand how to do this but I was wondering if anyone who has worked on a 2007 Altima would be able to recommend where would be an ideal spot?

Thank you for your time

I actually just installed a new DDX371 on my 07 Altima 2.5S with manual climate control and it was a pain at first but easy to grasp afterwards.

First thing you want to do is wire the harness and the piece that goes into the back of the head unit (HU).

The blue power antenna cable on the back of the harness of the HU will connect to the blue power antenna cable of the harness that connects to the stock cable and also it connects to the antenna adapter.

one of the harness that comes out is the antenna adapter

and the last harness is your AC that goes in the bottom. Hope it helps. I really like my unit and it packs a punch with stock speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.