03 grand am aftermarket head unit help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

hcker2000

Ok so I have gotten a grand am gt-3 with a monsoon setup.

I have one bad 6x9 in the rear deck. I want to replace the head unit with my Pioneer one as it has a line in and the factory unit has a dead screen.

I got a wiring harness but I'm guessing its not going to work. I hooked it up as you normally would. No power at the radio. So I found which had power and fixed that. But I get no audio from the speakers. Im guessing that's because the monsoon amp is not getting powered up.

My Pioneer does have a remote amp power lead on it but no wire on the wiring harness for it.

So I'm looking for some help figuring out which wiring harness I need to get this working?

Also I'm planning on replacing the rear 6x9's that are after market three ways. Is this going to be an issue with the monsoon amp?

--EDIT--

Looks like this is the adapter that I need according to this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.