DDtC walk through (VIDZ)

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'm about to take off on a very long deployment so I decided to do a vid of my system layout. I'll spend the next 9ish months thinking about upgrades on return. So far its going to be a DD M4a and I might swap the highs out for Hertz Mille's. Depends on how much i end up drinking everytime we stop somewhere. Give me your opinions, I'm open minded

I watched that video and your other one where you were in traffic playing a song. It's an impressive build, but the audio quality of the videos really doesn't show it off. Playing a modern pop song for an SQ demo is kind of pointless. There's no fidelity to music produced for radio play. I'm not asking you to play something from an SQ competition test CD, but something fun that has real instruments would be nice to hear. Rage Against the Machine's re-released self-titled album would be awesome.

You in the Army? What unit? I just got back from deployment back in November. If you decide to sell the tweets, let me know. I will take them now before you leave if you are interested

I watched that video and your other one where you were in traffic playing a song. It's an impressive build, but the audio quality of the videos really doesn't show it off. Playing a modern pop song for an SQ demo is kind of pointless. There's no fidelity to music produced for radio play. I'm not asking you to play something from an SQ competition test CD, but something fun that has real instruments would be nice to hear. Rage Against the Machine's re-released self-titled album would be awesome.
Thats a great one. Ya I was stuck in tunnel traffic so I decided to play around a bit. I really don't think it mattered what I played, it was not going to get any justice. I do have a MECA Demo CD in a box somewhere

That's a nice clean setup you have there, I love hatchbacks that don't rattle much when set up properly, that's gotta sound awesome from the cockpit, and out in front of the vehicle in person //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

You in the Army? What unit? I just got back from deployment back in November. If you decide to sell the tweets, let me know. I will take them now before you leave if you are interested
Navy, going floating on the big gray thing. I would come off the tweeters if I knew for sure I could get the Mille, but I dont.

****. I want a set of the 28's. Trade for a set of the 25's with cash on top?

I couldn't be in the Navy. Couldn't stand to be on a boat that long. I did a cross training mission once and went out on the USS John McCain for a couple months. About went crazy with the lack of space.

That's a nice clean setup you have there, I love hatchbacks that don't rattle much when set up properly, that's gotta sound awesome from the cockpit, and out in front of the vehicle in person //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Getting the rattles out took a lot of work. You still get a bit off the front grill and rear bumber. Nothing inside unless I get the sunroof flapping. Best part is if the windows are up you cant hear much at all outside. I'm trying to get time to do a P and P run before I leave but it will just be my buddy standing 6 feet away with the sensor. Somebody borrowed my podium and he took off.

****. I want a set of the 28's. Trade for a set of the 25's with cash on top?
I couldn't be in the Navy. Couldn't stand to be on a boat that long. I did a cross training mission once and went out on the USS John McCain for a couple months. About went crazy with the lack of space.
I had the 25s before, these destroy them. The Carrier has a bit more space then a small boy.

I had the 25s before, these destroy them. The Carrier has a bit more space then a small boy.
Yeah. When I was in Okinawa we got to tour the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier. Crazy how huge they are but the living areas are still so **** small. We toured that one, the USS Blue Ridge, Lake Erie, John McCain, and I believe the Ronald Reagan. We had been doing comms support for a couple months and the commander brought us out there as a thank you. Got a coin from the commander of the Nimitz and McCain

Yeah. When I was in Okinawa we got to tour the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier. Crazy how huge they are but the living areas are still so **** small. We toured that one, the USS Blue Ridge, Lake Erie, John McCain, and I believe the Ronald Reagan. We had been doing comms support for a couple months and the commander brought us out there as a thank you. Got a coin from the commander of the Nimitz and McCain
The GP living spaces are horrible. They stuff so many people in there. I share a state room with 2 other guys, we try to plan our flights around eachother is possible.

You say louder lower then dcs.. How many boxes did you try with the dc's ? I bet in the right box you woulda saw a 50...(just sayin)

Setup looks great tho man .. Love those dustcaps

You say louder lower then dcs.. How many boxes did you try with the dc's ? I bet in the right box you woulda saw a 50...(just sayin) Setup looks great tho man .. Love those dustcaps
I can remember 5 of the top of my head. Tuning anywhere from 32-38hz. 16-20 sq inches per. They always tended to peak high and never really played lows as they should have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.