How are vifa tweets are $10, and kicker tweets are $60?

Participant count
  • Participant list

2010HHRUMADBRUH
10+ year member

Gold Diamond Plus VIP+ Member
Recently (about 6 months) I wanted to get some tweeters, so I went to a local car audio shop (it was in gilroy on leavesely and monterey)

I tried out the cheapest kicker tweeters they had ($60)

They were terrible. METAL, harsh, and just plain low quality garbage. The kind you find for $10.

Then I was suggested vifa. So I tried them out.

These are the second type of vifa's I've had, the original were the same ones, without the casing.

These are freaking $10 each, and they sound amazing. How is this possible? How is kicker still in business? Why do car audio shops carry nothing but crap with a brand name on it, yet refuse to carry anything good?

I don't get it.

Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome Tweeter 264-1028

Kicker R25 Tweeters - Sonic Electronix

8-150w rms each
- YEAH RIGHT!!!

That's why I went with the Daytons I got. Because I know they will sound better than 1/2 of the companies component sets out there.

It is ridiculous that people fall for this. They need to do there research.

Also. Some people like harsh sounding tweeters.

I don't. I had a pair of metal tweeters and hated them. I prefer the softer sound of textile or silk.

Most shops only care about BRAND NAME recognition among the overall masses of sheeple out there so they find the brand with the best profit margin and then run with it...

Recently (about 6 months) I wanted to get some tweeters, so I went to a local car audio shop (it was in gilroy on leavesely and monterey)
I tried out the cheapest kicker tweeters they had ($60)

They were terrible. METAL, harsh, and just plain low quality garbage. The kind you find for $10.

Then I was suggested vifa. So I tried them out.

These are the second type of vifa's I've had, the original were the same ones, without the casing.

These are freaking $10 each, and they sound amazing. How is this possible? How is kicker still in business? Why do car audio shops carry nothing but crap with a brand name on it, yet refuse to carry anything good?

I don't get it.

Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome Tweeter 264-1028

Kicker R25 Tweeters - Sonic Electronix

- YEAH RIGHT!!!

I can only think of 2 things that could give you a bad impression of the R25 tweets - either the shop had them EQ'd way wrong or they were damaged.

The Resolution series components were some of the best speakers to ever come out of Stillwater. The tweeters alone retailed for $200 when they first came out, and got 5 star reviews across the board. I have a pair in one of my installs (RS5 comps) and they're awesome. They're prolly 8 yrs old now - maybe Kicker has changed the design of the tweet and they're not what they used to be.

BTW the Kickers come with mounting hardware and crossovers - the Vifas don't.

I can only think of 2 things that could give you a bad impression of the R25 tweets - either the shop had them EQ'd way wrong or they were damaged.
The Resolution series components were some of the best speakers to ever come out of Stillwater. The tweeters alone retailed for $200 when they first came out, and got 5 star reviews across the board. I have a pair in one of my installs (RS5 comps) and they're awesome. They're prolly 8 yrs old now - maybe Kicker has changed the design of the tweet and they're not what they used to be.

BTW the Kickers come with mounting hardware and crossovers - the Vifas don't.
Might have been another pair. I'm pretty sure I remember that same box coming with them. I don't remember the cut lines on the box, but the see through brown I remember.

They were the cheapest kicker tweeters available at that shop.

And you can get an electronic crossover which has adjustable points for tweeters, AND Mids and probably even for subs for about $20 or more (I got mine for $25)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

2010HHRUMADBRUH

10+ year member
Gold Diamond Plus VIP+ Member
2010HHRUMADBRUH
East Bay, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date