DD9917b on a 4kw, too much?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DiB
10+ year member

Meber
San Diego
Ok, do you think a 4kw is too much power to have on a single DD9917b for daily driving? Also, since the 4kw is really two 9.0's, can I just bridge the two 9.0's into 2ohm each then run a wire to each coil or would that be bad. I always hear mixed results on this.

Well, that sub is a beast. It can take just about anything for competitions...but daily...some subs are more temperamental (sp?). Anyways, i'm not all familir with the entire design of the 9917...so, does it have a vented pole piece? JW, b/c when i was looking into an RE MT (competition sub mainly) and was going to run 3000 rms to it daily...i was told that it could get warm b/c of the lack of a pole vent...but it would be fine. As for the 4kw...i've heard u can run it like two individual amplifiers...but i'd ask zapco or someone that hhas first hand experience b4 u try it. peace

NG

i just called dd up and asked about their thermal handling. the 3515 can handle 500deg, and they said that its really hard to get that hot with clean power. call them up and see what they say. i think it may be a little too much.

Yes you can run it like 2 individual amplifiers but in doing so and putting each amp on each coil I wonder if it's good for the sub(will the signals match?) especially at the power levels it can produce. I'll call DD up and ask em. I've seen my 4kw hit 8kw while listening to Outkast and hold so as far as having enough power to hurt it, I think I'm there, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.